Radio Flyer Rat Rod Wagon

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RAT FINK, here's my best shoebox coupe. Some guy in Saskatchewan worked away on it for a while until he realized his mistake, he'd put a 350/350 combo in it, so he threw up and sold the project through Rod's Projects out of Saskatoon.

Attachments

• right 50 ford coupe (800x600).jpg
    right 50 ford coupe (800x600).jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 50Ford coupe left.jpg
    50Ford coupe left.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 17
QUOTE=MercuryMac;418413]RAT FINK, here's my best shoebox coupe. Some guy in Saskatchewan worked away on it for a while until he realized his mistake, he'd put a 350/350 combo in it, so he threw up and sold the project through Rod's Projects out of Saskatoon.[/QUOTE]

So you bought it from Rod....:eek::eek::rolleyes:..so sorry...I know Rod quite well....I hope you didn't have to bend over to far...just kinding..not really!!...I am not sure if I know the car...it does look like one I have seen before...Did it come from Saskatoon or do you know....looks like someone put lower quarters on it....my old 50 was on a Malibu floor and chassis with a 350/350 COMBO...worked great...here's a few more pics of it...It has ghost flames along the top of the beltline but they don't show up in the pics...interior was pretty nice as well

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 15
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 9
QUOTE=MercuryMac;418413]RAT FINK, here's my best shoebox coupe. Some guy in Saskatchewan worked away on it for a while until he realized his mistake, he'd put a 350/350 combo in it, so he threw up and sold the project through Rod's Projects out of Saskatoon.

So you bought it from Rod....:eek::eek::rolleyes:..so sorry...I know Rod quite well....I hope you didn't have to bend over to far...just kinding..not really!!...I am not sure if I know the car...it does look like one I have seen before...Did it come from Saskatoon or do you know....looks like someone put lower quarters on it....my old 50 was on a Malibu floor and chassis with a 350/350 COMBO...worked great...here's a few more pics of it...It has ghost flames along the top of the beltline but they don't show up in the pics...interior was pretty nice as well[/QUOTE]
Not to nitpick, but this is a 51. And a pretty one for sure. :D

nit pick!!!

So you bought it from Rod....:eek::eek::rolleyes:..so sorry...I know Rod quite well....I hope you didn't have to bend over to far...just kinding..not really!!...I am not sure if I know the car...it does look like one I have seen before...Did it come from Saskatoon or do you know....looks like someone put lower quarters on it....my old 50 was on a Malibu floor and chassis with a 350/350 COMBO...worked great...here's a few more pics of it...It has ghost flames along the top of the beltline but they don't show up in the pics...interior was pretty nice as well
Not to nitpick, but this is a 51. And a pretty one for sure. :D[/QUOTE]
Thanks... but It is a
1950 Ford Convertible...true convertible with removable carson top..top was screwed so went with carson top.. .car has 51 front end.and bumpers and trunk hinges shaved ...so I guess it could be mistaken for a 51....just wanted a smoother look ...serial # says.1950..or am I missing something???....

Last edited:
Not to nitpick, but this is a 51. And a pretty one for sure. :D
Thanks... but It is a
1950 Ford Convertible...true convertible with removable carson top..top was screwed so went with carson top.. .car has 51 front end.and bumpers and trunk hinges shaved ...so I guess it could be mistaken for a 51....just wanted a smoother look ...serial # says.1950..or am I missing something???....
The dash is 51. Much fancier than a 50. The hidden trunk hinges were the other clue I went by, but as you say, they were changed.

Could be that the title reads 50, because it was first sold in 50, or it was an early 51 built in 50, or if it is a newer title, someone may have made made a "mistake". It happens a lot with older cars. :D

Maybe someone changed the dash also. There is also the possibility that Ford did it. You should see the variations available from 37 to 39 Ford cars.

Or I could be 100% FOS on this one.

Whatever the story is, it is a beautiful car. And age is just a number. [cl

Skip, on the possibility or your FOS thinking, you were fooled by the same '51 dash that I was misled by. You are right to not worry to much about the legal year, though, it IS more important to get the darn car licensed and on the road.

RAT FINK, I did deal with Rod and went away smiling, he's a good guy to deal with. I got the car right out of his house, car garage about seven or eight years ago. Rod took me over to his friends autobody shop and showed me his stuff. I remember a '53 Ford truck with a Hemi and a '54 glass top Ford car.
On your blue shoebox, I was going to ask you about the hardtop/convertible windows and door tops, and how you made them, but you answered my questions. I was going to try to make a convertible out of a sedan and an old flat glass hardtop Dart that I have.
You made a nice car.

I could tell by the windows that it was a convert or a Victoria, before the carson top. The Victoria looks like it has the same glass. Not sure which is rarer. :D

I don't have any pics of the 49...Its out in the country rite now and probably still buried under snow...anyway that being said...it is a real nice body but has no chassis but would require a floor swap for the pans are quite rusty but the body is not???..body is complete with glass and chrome...once the weather warms up and I can get to it I can go and snap some pics if your interested...not really sure what I want for it yet...getting hard to find coupes

I'd be interested in seeing some pics when it's not buried. The floor and frame wouldn't be a big issue, I could swap it to a number of GM products.

Latest posts

Back