Barrett Auction Scottsdale Rat Rod brings 64K

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAT FINK

I was just wondering if anyone caught the auction on tuesday night when an early 50's pickup with mexican blanket interior, pantina body,looked great, 571 crate motor and nice wheels brought $64,000 and the next truck that went through was the same vintage but beautifully restored only brought 19 grand...Rat Rods are the main stream and they to are becoming a large dollar sale at the auction....some of the street rods looked like they were givin them away...my how times have changed.

Yes I realize that it had a pro touring chassis with a high dollar powertrain but it still had the rat rod look with no paint and interior and that's what sold the truck for the money it got...there was pro street trucks with tons of bling and big blocks with 871's with glass paint that were only going for mid 30's ...I still believe it was the look that sold it for that kind of coin...It may not have been a rat....but it was wearin it's clothes

I saw that truck too, and while it had some "elements" of rattiness, it certainly wasn't any where near a rat. Very high dollar piece with lots of custom made one off pieces. Just like that 34 Ford that belongs to the guy who owns Dyanmat, it is faux prepped to look like it has been around for years and years, but is only 3 years old and probably cost north of $ 100K to build, maybe $ 200K.

No, that truck sold for the money it did because of how much money it cost to build initially. There were some VERY expensive parts on that truck.

Don

RAT FINK's point is a good one. If it had another $25K in paint and interior, it probebly would have sold for less.

Complete frame-off restoration. 572/620hp crate motor, 4L65 transmission, Ford 9" with 3.50 gears. Air Ride Technologies air bag suspension, with dual tanks and dual compressors, 4-link in rear, independant A-arms up front. American Racing wheels. 650 watt stereo system.

96540_Side_Profile_Web.jpg

That steering wheel is a repro 40 Ford...$275
96540_Interior_Web.jpg

96540_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

96540_Engine_Web.jpg

rat rod i dont think so. Its an auction some rich guy wanted to buy one instead of building, its not like that was the advertised selling price. Hell if i was rich had more money than i knew what to do with i would have bought

Latest posts

Back