Shrinker/Stretcher review

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charley Davidson

I bought this a few weeks back and just got to use it on my helicopter project. It shrinks very well but the linkage for the foot lever kept popping out, I took the mating lever that operated the dies out and drilled & tapped 2- 3/8th 16 holes on opposing sides to better hold the linkage. The linkage has a relief cut around it to accept the set screws and help hold it in place, if it pops loose again I will deepen the recess so it cannot pop loose. I reassembled it but have not tried it out yet.

Overall I'm pleased with the tool, I may stipple the dies later for another improvement. It does need to be mounted down to the floor.
shrinker fix (2).JPG

shrinker fix.JPG

radius angles.JPG

got a set from Eastwood.....work pretty well...

I bought this a few weeks back and just got to use it on my helicopter project. It shrinks very well but the linkage for the foot lever kept popping out, I took the mating lever that operated the dies out and drilled & tapped 2- 3/8th 16 holes on opposing sides to better hold the linkage. The linkage has a relief cut around it to accept the set screws and help hold it in place, if it pops loose again I will deepen the recess so it cannot pop loose. I reassembled it but have not tried it out yet.

Overall I'm pleased with the tool, I may stipple the dies later for another improvement. It does need to be mounted down to the floor.
View attachment 69650

View attachment 69651

View attachment 69652

didn't get the stand and using the lever can be difficult when holding the material....maybe one of the kids can get me the foot control stand for Christmas????[S :D

Latest posts

Back