Gary's '29 A RPU

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob w

Still crazy after all these years!

Stopped at my friend Gary's shop today to see the progress on his '29 A Roadster Pickup. In the engine bay is a flathead-no-more 4 banger.

This sweet little ride has a Riley overhead conversion along with a Riley 2 carb manifold and side cover. Sitting on top is a pair of Stromberg 81's. It will be on the street this summer.

This '28 A RPU belongs to my friend Miles. It has a steel crank, after breaking a stock crank, Winfield head, Sharp intake and two Strombergs. It's pretty fast. Interesting thing about the car is Miles borrowed the body from a friend years ago and the guy is in no hurry to get it back.

Here's Gary's RPU. He drove it to the No. St. Paul Friday Night Cruise last night. Still got a few teething problems but he'll work 'em out.

Stopped at my friend Gary's shop today to see the progress on his '29 A Roadster Pickup. In the engine bay is a flathead-no-more 4 banger.

This sweet little ride has a Riley overhead conversion along with a Riley 2 carb manifold and side cover. Sitting on top is a pair of Stromberg 81's. It will be on the street this summer.

Whats a riley overhead conversion ?
Over head cams ?

Latest posts

Back