My mad house

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My shop has insulated walls, insulation under the steel, and an insulated ceiling. Shouldn't get any ice damming I wouldn't think.

Finally hooked up a thermostat for the furnace. Should make it a lot nicer. I want to mess around a little bit with the furnace controller and see if I can get it to turn on just the fan too. Might be nice to run just that once in a while. Also scooped up a free air compressor from pops on Christmas! Still not really the one that I wanted but much better than what I have! Now going to look at putting that either up in the ceiling or out in the shed so it is out of my way or at least out where I wont hear it! Can't stand listening to them dumb things. I have a couple buttons, lights, and motor starters laying around so I can hook up a nice little circuit to drive that and won't have to worry about leaving it on and such or walking out to turn it on, and this will make life easier for a future plan down the road.

Good idea for the air compressor noise. I hate hearing mine too. The switch went out in the middle of a project so I bypassed the faulty switch. Unfortunately that bypassed the cutoff feature too so now I have to wait until the pressure builds and just pull the plug. But that's a back and forth deal so a change is planned around here.

My compressor is also temperamental. Tried to tighten up all the places it leaks and will end up replacing it one day. I figure I'll get a "free" gas tank for one of the projects? :D

If you run the air intake for the compressor

outside of your shop, the compressor is usually much quieter....but if you need space then moving out of the way is probably a better thought....

its an oilless compressor so it will be noisy anyways. I got a bunch of old buttons and switches and crap so it is time to start building the BCS (Barn Control System). I am planning on doing some fun stuff out in the shop with a bunch of old crap from the plant. I like to tinker to much to just have ordinary crap. So I have a little PLC and some other stuff that I am going to put to meaningless use out there! What can I say..... it's fun to me.

Oh yeah those oil less ones are noisy....

have a craftsman 20 gallon one that will drive you crazy....gave it to the older kid to use at home....:D

I used my parts washer several times a week, when I was racing and building engines.
Not so much any more but, still wouldn't want to be without it.
Good score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back