Ok...know I haven't posted much

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgtpontiac

Older, Wiser and Still Buildin'
as far as any build stuff so here is what I did last Sunday...I purchased a mid rise lift a while back for couple hundred bucks......found the cylinder to be leaking...took it to get resealed and they told me it was fubar....cost 700 to fix it....:eek:...
Called the company for a replacement...650.. another :eek:...
Went on line, International hydraulics....had one with same size, stoke and nearly the same length as the old one...179 + shipping ....3 year guarantee....it has 1" mounting points and the lift is 5/8...so got some 1" steel rod cut bushing so fit cylinder, had them machined to 5/8 thru bolt....had to fab up a rear mount as the entire cylinder was 3/4" longer than original...got it in and the mount fabbed up and the thing works great...now to clean it up and throw some paint on it....can't seem to get pics off the phone....pics to come....so I did do something.....lol...

Ok...here are the pics..

Nothing fancy but works good....

Attachments

• IMAG1387.jpg
    IMAG1387.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMAG1388.jpg
    IMAG1388.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 46
I know....found that out in my last foot chase....

did catch him but screwed up my knee...thankfully it's healed well but my foot chase days are over....wonder if they have 100ft taser cartridges....LOL.. as for the rise.....no problem in that area yet...LOL...

Thanks guys....

Yeah....necessity is the mother of invention....lol...I've got great plans for this weekend but the best laid plans of mice and men so go to heck in a handbasket.....we'll see how that goes....so far it's Friday and nothing yet has come up to deter me from working in the barn.... key word...so far... :D

I got nothing!!!

No....Literally...I have nothing...I accomplished very little as my family decided to "surprise" me for my birthday....So I had nearly 0 time in the barn... both sad and nice as I love my family and my grand kids....

Those prices are crazy! I had a LARGE cylinder for my excavator built basically from scratch, they used the ends and old ram, and it cost a little over $1000.
The next time you need a Cyl rebuilt just do it yourself. They aren't much to them as long as they aren't bent it rusted away.

The company I'm sure is thinking about liability

in their pricing of the cylinder....as for the rebuilder, he said it needed a sleeve inside the cylinder tube...so It would need to be machined for the new sleeve and then rebuilt...I did check on prices for the seal kit and even that was 150...so for the difference I figured I'd do some fab work and use a new one with a warranty....found out the new one is actually rated higher than the original one....3000psi vs 2450.....since the valving on the pump motor allows bleed back, I just corked the secondary side of the cyl. Works fine and raised my kids Trailblazer without a groan....I'll get some pics of it in action...lol..

Latest posts

Back