My one ton dodge build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onetondodge

I posted a couple pics in my introduction, but I wanted to start a thread with my build and keep it updated as I progress.
IMGP0167.jpg

IMGP0160-1.jpg

IMGP0159.jpg

IMGP0161.jpg

IMGP0162.jpg

I like old dodge trucks too. I have one on the build list after roofus.

I dig the dash mounted "fan of death".

Thank you for the comments,
I should add a little history behind it; It was my grandpa's favorite truck, He was the second owner. His brother blew out the rear-end and it was pushed into the barn in the 60s, It sat there until about 2006 when I inherited it and brought it down to Texas(from Michigan). I've been playing around with it since.

Nice start. Looking forward to seeing it progress.[P

Go here and download the picture resizer:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

Keep up the fine work.[cl

Larry

I had a little trouble finding a resizer for windows 7, I will just attach files until I can get that figured out.

Potential good news: I found a parts truck in Arizona, it has a bed which is the best part, multiple fenders, and good floor boards, I'm stoked, My uncle lives in arizona and if it is what the guy says it is he will pick it up for me

I just ordered new plug wires for it, We are so close to starting it up, I will definetly keep ya'll posted, excitment is very high! Thank you all for your comments

Here is the parts truck I picked up for a good deal, It's still in Arizona,
46Dodge014.jpg

Rear fenders
46Dodge015.jpg

bed
46Dodge016.jpg

Engine
46Dodge025.jpg

I think I'm going to set my current truck up to be completly stock, I never really thought I could get it to that point, Keep in mind no trailer queen here but just like it would be on a farm in the 40s and 50s, Then with the extra cab and frame I'm going to rat it up a little, Should be sweet

I like your plan.

I would have a hard time hacking up my grandfather's old truck. It should stay the way he would have wanted it to be.

Somebody else's grandpa's truck, on the other hand, is fair game. :)

Good luck with both of your builds.

I like your plan.

I would have a hard time hacking up my grandfather's old truck. It should stay the way he would have wanted it to be.

Somebody else's grandpa's truck, on the other hand, is fair game. :)

Good luck with both of your builds.

I am with you on that, thank you

Got a quick question for everyone:

I am really wanting to stay as true as I can to the time period (40s,50s, and maybe early 60s) and what the truck was,

- The truck did not come from the factory with rear shocks, it was an option. I don't really care too much about ride quality, but shocks could be nice. In your opinion, would you add rear shocks?

I just kind of feel like adding shocks is getting away from what the truck was, the way my grandpa drove it. on the other hand, it was an option in the day, so maybe its not getting too far from what it was.

I know its a small detail, but I've kinda been going back and forth with this, your opinions may help push me in a direction.

Thank you,
Paul

Nice project! Dodges are taking over the site. :cool:

What's the story on that fan? Was it a boat propeller that somebody put in the cab or is it an actual fan?

Latest posts

Back