29 Ford build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uzaree

I started this build wanting to build the 5 window sedan but I have been looking at some trucks so I MAY go that way but I haven't decided yet.

Just a little bit of back ground. My goal was to create each piece by hand then draw the template in CAD so I can make each piece again if I wanted to. So just because I may change to the truck doesn't mean I can't finish out a 5 window sedan.

First pictures of what I am starting with. Now also Keep in mind I have NEVER done this before so I am learning as I go. Also I am not using ANYTHING from the template car.

PDR_1328.jpg

PDR_1327.jpg

PDR_1326.jpg

PDR_1325.jpg

PDR_1324.jpg

PDR_1323.jpg

PDR_1322.jpg

PDR_1321.jpg

PDR_1320.jpg

PDR_1319.jpg

My next task was to build the A Pillars from scratch.

Here is how i did it. First I made my template. Then brought it into CAD. The CNC cut each piece =)

PDR_1393.jpg

PDR_1392.jpg

PDR_1389.jpg

PDR_1388.jpg

PDR_1397.jpg

PDR_1398.jpg

PDR_1395.jpg

PDR_1387.jpg

PDR_1385.jpg

Then I started to put the parts together that I made. While I was doing that I made the two side cowl pieces and the firewall. I also chopped it 6 inches

0143ea68.jpg

c3723808.jpg

82b993c8.jpg

f7c5497f.jpg

acbfbf28.jpg

That is as far as I've gotten. I would like to add that to this point other than using the CNC to cut out more skins in case I screwed one up all I used for everything was clamps and a ball pean hammer for form the beads and fold over the edges. I also welded everything together using the torch instead of my TIG. I used my mig to tack everything together though.

I haven't even used the english wheel on any of these pieces yet. I have since bought a nice set of Body Hammers and Dollies from the MAC Tool man hehe. I have noticed a huge difference. Also along the way I picked up an old TennSmith 48" brake and I bought a LandCaster Shrinker. Hoping to get more done on it soon. [;)

I've seen these done with a cad design before. Some stuff came out looking a little more sqaure that the stock stuff. Looks like you have a good eye for the stuff so far. Can't wait to see how it comes together. Nice English wheel by the way. It's more like a work of art for a mansion that a metal tool.

Thanks guys. I actually have a big build thread in a few places when I built that English Wheel. I have changed it up a bit since those pictures.

Rebstew,

you are right it all turns out flat and square until i spend a few hours working on it. So far the reverse on the cowl has been the hardest thing I've worked with.

wow very nice work and good job. soon as i seen the body i was like whoa thats rough but with your skills rough or not you will fix all that. very nice job

Your 29 might actually be a bit rougher then mine,I am trying tobring it back to life.Your doing a great job fabbing up those pieces.I will be watching this with great interest.The only pieces I had to make completely new were the roof panels above the doors.

Latest posts

Back