48 ford truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornfield customs

working on this for a neighbor, and friend. it is rough bu should turn out killer. plans are chop 3.5 inches, section 3 inches and channel 2 inches.mercury flat head, 32 grill shell, i am going to make a bed for it. 1/4 elliptical front end, ford 8 inch out back. bobbed the rear of the frame a few weeks ago, and actually got a chance to build the new rear clip today. here are some pics, i will keep the writing to a minimal, pics are self explanatory pretty much

001-40.jpg

002-36.jpg

003-31.jpg

007-21.jpg

011-15.jpg

vertical up welds
012-15.jpg

016-9.jpg

017-7.jpg

014-8.jpg

020-4.jpg

well i hot wired a toaster once in like 90 seconds so i figured why not....... lol. thanks for the compliments. should have some more pics up later tonight

thanks for the kind words, dates from today, got the back clip finished up, cut the front of the from cross member off and put a piece of 3 in tube in to clean it up and added some filler pieces to add some style. complete with face rivets to add a factory feel.
001-41.jpg

002-37.jpg

003-32.jpg

004-31.jpg

005-27.jpg

007-22.jpg

008-20.jpg

009-15.jpg

so first thing this morning finished cleaning up the front frame, and fire wall, then decided i felt like doing the chop today. got the body squared and braced up and broke out the saw. came out good so far, going to split the roof and add 1 inch to get everything lined back. decided not to lean the posts on this one. making some good progress for day 3 of the entire build. here are some pics
001-42.jpg

004-32.jpg

005-28.jpg

007-23.jpg

006-28.jpg

009-16.jpg

010-17.jpg

011-16.jpg

012-16.jpg

Thread title says it's a '48, but that's a '47 and down cab correct? Unless there is something I'm not privy to. I was wondering what you were thinking when you said you were putting a deuce shell on a F-1. I know you're a jackass and all, but you've got better taste than that. Haha... :D

it is titled as a 48 so thats what i am going by, but it is a 41-47 cab. i would change it but i cant edit the post any more lol. the owner was looking a 32 shell, but is now leaning towards a 36 truck grill. i am not a fan of 32 stuff, but can only do so much when it comes to a customer decisions

Last edited:
Trust me I know what you mean about customers! Haha. I was refering to how poop-like the deuce shell would look on an actual '48 F-series. It can work on the '41-'47 cabs, but it needs a hood top to tie it together. I would not have recommended it either, but after seeing it on this truck I think it works out ok. Here's a pic. The hood really needs a beltline in it, but you get the idea. The truck was from down Cincy way somewheres...

attachment.php

^^^^^ That looks better than I thought it would have.

Our minds search for patterns and symetry. This looks pleasing because our eyes can find similar curves in the shell,the hood and the cab and can move between them efffortlessly. Then notice the highlight the top of the shell is matched by the highlight on the brow of the cab.

i agree with you on there would be on way to make it look good on an f1, the pic you posted looks good, but it i am just a fan of 32 shell in general. the one posted would look much better with a bead on the edge of the hood. we were actually talking about running a hood on it last night lol... so we will see

Latest posts

Back