46 Ford 1st build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrap46rat

Hello I'm Ryan from Northeast Fl. I've been workin on this truck now for about 4 months and have decided to start a build thread. So let me bring you up to speed.

Parts list when I started bought off of craigslist

92 dodge Dakota frame
46 ford truck cab
50 something Chevrolet bedsides and tail gate
82 Chevy 350/350 turbo

Starting with the frame, zed the rear frame rails and sectioned frame for the air suspension. Still need to complete rear end but it rolls for now
ff92b9ef.jpg

Setting cab height to lay out until the doors touch the ground
b7b94496.jpg

0faaab94.jpg

82 Chevy 350/350 turbo

Looking like a good start. Those headers are crazy looking. What are the plans for the top?

looks good
Thanks Glad you like it. I'm hoping to do a 4 inch chop but I wanna do it last to check for head room because of the 7 inch body drop.

you should able to get away with it. i did a 4inch chop on my 42 (same cab) and i still have quite a bit of room with facotry floor (im 6'5) my tempory seat is about 8 inches tall its a touch to high for me

Man I hope when you chop that top you don't lose any of that roof profile, it is really sweet looking [dr

Would be cool if you could cut everything out of the bottom section and just lower it down without much cutting into the top.[S

The build is coming along great, like the idea of getting an old set of headers to cut up; I may have to check into that myself. [ddev

Thanks guys the drum was a 55 gal I'm glad you guys like it. I have been debating on starting a thread because of the negativity of using IFS front with out fenders but you guys are very encouraging thanks.

Latest posts

Back