1955 Ford C600 Cabover

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shakey56

I've never posted a build before so if I do something wrong, tell me.

I am removing the cab outside because I can't get it in my shop.....it has no front wheels! I found it in a junkyard out in the country. It had been sitting there 25 years. The guy said he bought it from a fire dept in Ohio. It looks rough but is really in pretty good condition. Both inner and outer door bottoms, some floor repair, and small repairs to the cab corners should do it.

I am putting it on a 1987 E150 Conversion van chassis. The van chassis has a 302 with an AOD and runs great. I drove it home. Lots of new stuff on the van. New fuel tank and fuel pump, exhaust, tie rods and center link, and tune up. The van body is ready to lift off. I'm gonna replace the timing chain and gear, oil pump, alt., a/c comp, gaskets and belts, etc.

I posted the pics on Photobucket. I hope that is right. More later.

http://s945.photobucket.com/albums/ad297/shakey56/1955 FORD COE BUILD/

Thanks

...for the good words.

I'm gonna get it as far down as it will go. My engine has the truck intake which is tall and narrow and should allow me to get the floor pretty low.....who needs leg room anyway????

Plans are for a flatbed of rough-sawn red cedar, aluminum bomber seats on swivels (outta the van), exterior visor, steel wheels, 6" front and 10" reversed rear. 4" chrome stacks. aluminum underbed tool boxes,.....

The best part is the paint! The patina is beautiful. I'm gonna rattlecan it satin black just enough to change the color but not disturb the texture.

OK, i'm rambling.......more lster.

Attachments

• WHEELS.JPG
    WHEELS.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 102
Progress???

I guess you can call it progress..... It's not pretty!

Both the COE cab and the van body are ready to be lifted of their chassis'. I put new tires on my body dolly and will set the COE on it while I get the van chassis cleaned up. I've got a buddy that owns a huge wrecker company. He will send his large boom wrecker to lift them. Hopefully this Friday.

After that, I''ll get the chassis and cab in my shop to start the "surgery". I am blessed to have a/c so I can work no matter how hot it gets.

I'll continue to post but there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest. Maybe I'm wrong,,,,we'll see..

Attachments

• IMG_0062.jpg
    IMG_0062.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_0063.jpg
    IMG_0063.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 218
I'll continue to post but there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest. Maybe I'm wrong,,,,we'll see..

you have to look at the views of your post not the post count. And I hope you are building it for you and not us. Who cares about the post count![P

Interest

Sorry guys. This is my first posted build.....you are right. I just didn't know what to expect. I'm good.....I'll just post away.

Thanks

Bodies Off!

Everything is ready and on schedule to lift the bodies off the Coe AND the van this Friday morning. ....if the weather will cooperate! A couple of friends are coming to help. Gonna take lots of pics. I'll post em soon after.

Lynn

Everything is ready and on schedule to lift the bodies off the Coe AND the van this Friday morning. ....if the weather will cooperate! A couple of friends are coming to help. Gonna take lots of pics. I'll post em soon after.

Lynn

SWEET!!!! I am waitin an d watchin!!! [P [;) [P [;) [cl

Love the old COEs

That's going to make an awesome truck [cl[cl When I was a kid there seemed to be COE's sitting around everywhere but it seems they are non existent in these parts now :confused: Glad to see you making such progress [cl[cl

[P[P[P[P

Rare

Only one COE around here besides mine.....can't find em. I was NOT in the market for another project because at my age (and I have a little Parkinsons Disease), I wasn't plannin on buildin another hotrod! But I stumbled on "Buford" and couldn't resist. Luckily, I've got terrific friends who are willin to help.

You know, that's what this hobby is all about anyway. The sum of my life at 67 is my friends and family. And "Buford" (my COE) is family. lol. And when it's done, it'll be a daily driver!

Thanks for the support, guys.

Lynn

Friday

OK. Friday is here!!!

My Buds are gonna be here at 10 am......hope the weather cooperates. If not, I guess we'll get wet! I loaded and unloaded my coe in a downpour when I brought it home so why should this be any different, right?

Buford (my coe) will come off easy. The van will probably hang on sumthin!

My body dolly is ready, got new straps....oh yeah. Gonna lift Buford by the front cowl frame mounting braces and the grab handles which will distribute the weight over 4 points. The handles are bolted thru the cab with very heavy bolts....very sturdy.

AND one of my friends job is to take pictures !!!! Just for you guys....lol.

HEEEEERE WE GO..............................

probly overthunk this situation but oh well....

Lynn

Latest posts

Back