"Rusty" 1954 International R110

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty54

So I figured I would start my own build thread. I was going to start on Sunday tearing into the old girl but I had some help tonight and was able to pull the windows out. I have tons of pics. Here are some of the ones I took the day I got her home.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Laura, great to see you started a build thread! It's one of the best motivators you can have [;):D I really liked the sketch you posted in your intro and if you're torn between a 2" or 3" chop........go for three :D But then again I like a serious chop :) Whatever you do take lots of pics (we are a very visual bunch here at RRR) and keep us posted here. Have fun and I'll be checking in to see your progress [P[P[P

looks like a solid ol truck, can't wait to see what you do with it..I've got 3 of those behind the shop..waiting on inspiration:D

I should have some more pics tomorrow of my progress. I worked on her about 4 hours tonight getting the windows out of the doors and I started planning my chop. I decided on 3". Funny thing is the weirdest part about this build compared to the full restorations that I have done in the past is that this is the first one that doesnt need floors or much rust repair and this is the one I decided to make a rat rod...:p

Laura

So last week I marked all of my cut lines and braced the cab

P9170417.jpg
[/IMG]

P9150411.jpg
[/IMG]

Look'n good

I like the way you left the back windows full sized[cl (just heard a pin drop on that one:eek:). I have a R170 thinking about doing the same only after the chop I'm thinking about cutting it at the factory seams and making it a removable hard top but not sure how clean it would look with the upper door frames. keep the pics coming[P[P

Love what your doing with the IHC! Any updates? I am going to do a 3 inch chop on a 56 S100 this summer and would really like to see some progress pics on how you made the a and b pillars line up again.

Latest posts

Back