My project I can't seem to get motivated to finish...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tgoo426193

Banned
OK, long story made short as possible. Here's my project. I'm an RRR newbie. Help me get 25 postings as everyone is telling me I should get plenty of comments/questions on this one and I'll have a couple dozen replies posted in no time

OH, and here at this link are some of my other rides:
http://www.tlgenterprises.com/my_hobbys.htm

INVENTORY OF ROD PROJECT PARTS USED
(PLEASE NOTE THAT I SOLD THE ENGINE/TRANS)

*1948 Ford, cab, chassis, Pa. title
* Rear axle (mounted) - housing 9" Ford drum brakes (used)
* Spare rear axle -- Complete extra 9" rear included (used)
* Rear suspension S&W ladder bar, coil over (new)
* Front axle -- 48-52 Ford dropped 4" (new)
* Front springs Posies -- Dual Flex Lowered (new)
* Front brakes -- 11" disc w/GM calipers, SS hoses (new)
* Misc. brake items -- S&W dual master cyl & pedal set (new)
* Steering -- 95 Camaro tilt column, w/Posies joints (used/new)
* Steering box -- Stock w/drag link, nostalgia look (used)
* Wheels -- Front, ET Gasser, 15x6 Rear, ET Altered 15x10 (new)
* Tires -- Front, M/T Sportsman 28x7.50 Rear, M/T, I series N50s (new)
* Lighting -- Rear 48 Chevy, Front Amber park/turn, H-lamps & brackets (new)
* Grill, Shell & Rad -- 32 Ford, stainless grill & aluminum Radiator (new)
* Glass -- 4 pc. set, tinted, (eliminated wing windows) (all around new)
* Door glass closers -- Power units, semi installed (new)
* Shifter -- TCI Outlaw Auto, Window switches mounted in console (new)
* Seats -- Kirkey Race aluminum w/padded covers & Harness belts (new)
* Dash -- Purple vinyl, Tack, Speedo, Full gauges & CD stereo (new)
* Roll Bar -- Removable custom built Steel w/16 gauge steel floors (new)
* Fuel Cell -- Urethane, SS straps, w/ gas gauge sending unit, Gals.-? (new)
* Bed -- Custom Built, Steel floors for wood insert, louvered w/fenders (new)
* LMC Truck parts -- All rubber, window tracks & seals included (new)

PROJECT-8.JPG

PROJECT-18.JPG

PROJECT-10.JPG

PROJECT-9.JPG

PROJECT-5.JPG

PROJECT-6.JPG

PROJECT-12.JPG

PROJECT-2.JPG

PROJECT-1.JPG

PROJECT-13.JPG

l like the truck

are you gonna gusset where the frame Z's up in the rear?

did you make or buy and modify the rear fenders?

good idea on hiding the fuel cell, that looks good:D

Later :cool:

PS your'e a fifth of the way there!!

That ladder bar setup, is it the same as a 4link? Is it better or worse then a 4 link if its any different?

Also, what weight coilovers are those and are they adjustables?

are you gonna gusset where the frame Z's up in the rear?

did you make or buy and modify the rear fenders?

good idea on hiding the fuel cell, that looks good:D

Later :cool:

PS your'e a fifth of the way there!!

skull - I don't remember what I did with the frame there where it kicks up. I'm thinking it's not really needed as once you use box tubing, it's very stable. Should I ever finish, I would eventually box the original frame sections.

The rear fenders are trailer fenders. I may or may not have trimed them. Senior moment again...

I have a louver machine I did the fuel cell box with. And the tailgate.

That ladder bar setup, is it the same as a 4link? Is it better or worse then a 4 link if its any different?

Also, what weight coilovers are those and are they adjustables?

tecster - I guess ladder bars are old school basically hinging the rearend housing type suspensions. 4 link offers a lot more geometry and I would assume better lateral handleing when cornering. I like the ease of doing the ladders and I won't be entering any auto cross competitions any time soon.

Here's another senior moment. I remember borrowing a couple sets of coil over springs back in 2006 when I did the rear. I weighted the rear as close as I thought the finished project might weigh and tried all the combos. I do remember ordering the appropriate set from S&W Chassis when I made my decision. I think they have a little aluminum tag on each spring with the weight rating, but I forget just what they were

tecster - I guess ladder bars are old school basically hinging the rearend housing type suspensions. 4 link offers a lot more geometry and I would assume better lateral handleing when cornering. I like the ease of doing the ladders and I won't be entering any auto cross competitions any time soon.

Are ladder bars less complex and are they cheaper to purchase and setup? My build is on an extreme budget thats only why I ask.

Also would ladder bars work for air ride suspension seemings how it setup similar to a 4 link?

Are ladder bars less complex and are they cheaper to purchase and setup? My build is on an extreme budget thats only why I ask.

Also would ladder bars work for air ride suspension seemings how it setup similar to a 4 link?

Here's a link to the S&W website. They have a street/rat rod rear suspension section that must be new as I never saw it before. They also have a link for each item that says "ask question". That's new also. I'll have to resurf this site again. I'm not sure if they offer air ride or maybe at least can answer some questions on it. Never got into an air system just yet

http://www.swracecars.com/store/Street-Rod-Suspension-OSCAR_369.aspx

401343.JPG

40125AStrRodPkg.jpg

Here's a link to the S&W website. They have a street/rat rod rear suspension section that must be new as I never saw it before. They also have a link for each item that says "ask question". That's new also. I'll have to resurf this site again. I'm not sure if they offer air ride or maybe at least can answer some questions on it. Never got into an air system just yet

Thanks for the links, I'll have to do a little more research!

PS Look at that, a little conversation and questions/answering series and you're already half way to your needed!

Thanks for the links, I'll have to do a little more research!

PS Look at that, a little conversation and questions/answering series and you're already half way to your needed!

Your right, and we actually exchanged some "real" knowledge. Did you see all the builds I posted. I had forgotten about them until we got talkin

The truck is cool, but since you want to get your post count up I have a question. Now I ain't bagging on you or anyone else....why does everyone put a duece shell on a big truck cab?????

The truck is cool, but since you want to get your post count up I have a question. Now I ain't bagging on you or anyone else....why does everyone put a duece shell on a big truck cab?????

I'm thinking it's kinda for the same reason they call:
a large felt tip pen a "Magic Marker",

a reproduction of a document on a piece of blank paper a "Xerox Copy"

and when you want a piece of chocolate candy in a wrapper, you ask for a "Hershey Bar"

The human mind picks up on a single identifiable name, item or product and just can't let it go I guess. Besides, they had a sale going on at the Goodguys show that year and I was in the market for a grill

Thx for the complement and the posting help Todd, however what would be real cool is if someone buys the damn thing

Thx Again !!

Latest posts

Back