T bucket go kart

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stacy

So I started a little side project from some bits and pieces I had laying around the place. It should be a fun little machine when finished.

Pics from yesterday and today.

dsc00636ed.jpg

dsc00639c.jpg

dsc00644e.jpg

dsc00643z.jpg

It's gonna be a right little ripper. I managed to get most of the chassis done, the bucket is bolted down and steering column support all done, then I quickly packed up as the sun went down (Desperately need a garage) I'm looking at a 110cc 4 stroke semi auto with electric start and charging coil to run lights, $215 ready to run, less carburetor, but I have one to go on.

sweet body idea!!! I like it!!! Sounds like the little booger will rip when its done too!!! I have a 600CC crotch rocket motor fuel injected and all trying to come up with something to do with it, have thought of something like this but two seats!

This is a neat project with lots of creativity but if you plan to go more than about 10mph in it, I would re-think that front suspension. You are probably going to have some spooky handling charactaristics if it goes fast at all. The spindles are upside down, the king pins normally tilt in at the top, you have them titling out at the top. Also the super short control arms and very long tie rods will give you lots of bump steer if the suspension has much travel at all. I'm not trying to be a jerk but I hate to see you go through all the work to build it and then not have satisfactory results when you finally get to drive it or worse, get hurt.:eek:

Thanks for pointing that out. I knew they were upside down but wasn't sure if it would be that detrimental on a kart. I was actually just trying to scab an extra inch or so of ground clearance. Anyhow, I've swapped them back over and rectified the problem. The suspension has barely to nil travel when sitting back in the tub so bump steer shouldn't be too much of a problem, I mostly put the springs in for show because I had them.

More pics-

c305ea32.jpg

10ac0308.jpg

059798c3.jpg

383c21cb.jpg

Woah that is crazy cool.

I got a bit more done, the go pedal, foot stirrups and also a front plate, not sure what I'll do with that just yet, possibly cut some vertical slots and make it look grill like.

d30733a3.jpg

67206913.jpg

934a144b.jpg

Last edited:
A little progress, mostly mock up, but the new steering column is done and it now has a cowl. I just need to define the position of the bucket in relation to the rear tyres before constructing the rear axle set up.

0e6ace80.jpg

43c7d50f.jpg

86d9063a.jpg

This definitely has an interesting look. I like the idea of mounting the motor in the front, but on the side it has kind of a shifter kart look......

Latest posts

Back