1946 chevy panel truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

junk

I have pictures of when we tore this apart but they are on a disposable camera and I need to scan them and upload. Here is some pics of the build.

Engine going together. Just a 350 .030 over arp bolts, gear to gear timing,erson cam.
IMAG0091-1-1.jpg

Heads on. Very decked out set of bowtie heads, if it could be done it is. Intake is just one I sat on it for the pic. We ended up using a "winters" intake from a 65 vette.
IMAG0095.jpg

Mustang II from JPL. Heidts crossmember was a breeze to put in.
IMAG0086-1.jpg

Wheel on to "look", you all know what I mean. It was beer time.

IMAG0085-1.jpg

Here was the fun part. Engine mounts, steering, and header choices. Engine was in and out at least 5 times before I arc'd a weld. Trimming grinding etc.
IMAG0100-1.jpg

All apart. you can see the engine stand I built for breaking in new motors. So far it has 3 break ins on it. Best thing I ever built. You can fix leaks, adjust valves, etc soooo much easier.
IMAG0130.jpg

Pic of the 4-link from TCI. This was nice and easy to put in also. I welded the rear axle right to where center line was, attached all the bars then cut the welds, installed the coilovers and done. When we got it aligned the rear was right on, the guy checked it 3 times from disbelief.

IMAG0128.jpg

Another pic of the frame and all. This frame was so nice this is how it cleaned up with a wire wheel!!!

IMAG0129.jpg

Engine in. this is thee time we did the whole brake system, bled it and all. Installed the fuel lines hooked up the power steering etc...

IMAG0155.jpg

Body on!!! There is a bunch of skipped steps in here as I did not take pictures. :( Pretty much I plugged 31 holes in the firewall from 65+ years of retrofitting whatever threw the firewall. toke out a bunch of dents in the roof etc.. all epoxy primed and outlined with the dupont green dad picked. All new mounts and new wood floor. I need to get pictures of that came out nice.

IMAG0274-2.jpg

First drive!!!! besides the windshield this is how it sits today. Over 2k miles racked up on this so far. I worked my ass off on this. I started this Dec. 18th of last year. We drove this to and in the forth of July parade. This thing drives AWESOME!!! Fenders and the right grill etc. will come this winter.

IMAG0327.jpg

Latest posts

Back