It's titled as a 65, I don't think so

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

21willys

I recently traded my my father n law for this old international. The title they have for it says it's 1965. Can anybody verify that for me? I tried google without much luck. Thanks

2359E37E-3350-43A0-A2CC-0FDB219CFB6D-5448-000008F040FABAF5.jpg

That's the only decent pic I have right now.

Can you give us more info? is it a Loadstar? What is the number on it I can't quite read it?

Anyhow a 65 Loadstar 1700 looks like this:
IHC65Loadstar1700x1Large.jpg

Best I can tell it is a 65

The '65 International r185
3446426026_a58b36b863_z.jpg

The '65 International loadstar 1700
IHC65Loadstar1700x1Large.jpg

The title says its a 1600 model. Anybody know how to decode the vin number?

Thanks for the replys.

Thanks for the link. I was wondering if it wasn't a left over body that they used and titled as newer.

IHC used that cab for like twenty years, just small detail changes. For instance, those signal lights on the fenders came along in about 1959. Could easily be as registered.

IHC used that cab for like twenty years, just small detail changes. For instance, those signal lights on the fenders came along in about 1959. Could easily be as registered.

Do you know what years it was used? Some of the shows I want to go to have cut off years.

Used to be good info here
http://oldihc.org/
but I see it's a whole different place than it used to be and I can't log in anymore.
Also the American Historical Truck Society has a great forum, good place to pop in if you love old trucks.

I tried the link. Says its under construction and I couldn't get it to load all the way. I will see if I can find the other one.

Thanks

Sometimes what happens with big trucks like this one is that someone like International will not title them because they are sold to a company who retrofits them with things like dump beds, stake beds, etc. In turn, the company who does the final work will register and title the vehicle as the current year when they finally got it done.

Not saying that is the case here, but just a possibility.

Don

Don I've had some like that in the pass. I wondered if that wasn't the case to start with but it appears it may very well be a 65. I'm hoping they used the cab into the earlier years so I can sneak it off as a older truck at a few shows.

Don got it on how IH titled trucks. That style was used for many years, the older ones had two port back windows.

Attachments

• 1016111818a.jpg
    1016111818a.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 3
First year for that cab was 1949, a mid-year change. But like I said, the signal lights are late '50's, I think the AC180's had them in '57. Our BC 150 was a '62 and had the same lights.
The cab lights are the same as the Lodestar, first one was 1963.

Latest posts

Back