My ratty truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoPpA

I found it sitting like this next to a guys barn on a very out of the way road.
e66baf8a.jpg

e6f78ecb.jpg

I tinkered with it for a few years but never had the cash to do much with it.. was offered 3 times what I payed for it (I payed $1000) a couple of times for the body but I knew it was the one so I kept it even when I could not afford to.
Picture020.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Finally things started going my way and I payed off some stuff so I started working on it. All along the way I had been picking up parts when I could for it.
Did the disc swap on front and 5 lug all around.
1a1a1.jpg

I had been collecting to build a hot motor for it for some time,
427 bbc
rectangle port heads fully ported 2.25/1.88s
solid roller .630 lift
tunnel ram 2 new 600s
whole lot of other stuff,
053.jpg

me and my good friends (my skinny ass on right) I build all my own motors and most of my friends too lol
040.jpg

my friend kieth helping me out..I have to get yal a picture of my fabbed trans tunnel..funny thing about 3 on the tree trans tunnels don't fit a T400.
064.jpg

was a potent beast but very used part/budget minded, here is some video.
this was my first drive ever..

this was the 6th pass on truck 8.12@85, no tuning except timing..you can hear vac sec opening about 60ft out and it was shifting itself @5500 stock trans...

And then I payed for my used parts.. broke valve spring..dropped valve :(
69chevy028.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

Well, I had just built a mild 468 to sell.. so thats what I sporting now
69chevydragraces004.jpg

It runs good but not set up for the Tram.
Runs 8.60s with current setup.
I have been spending the doe on new parts for the 427,
Got new scat 4340 rods
NEW manley nextec $440 springs;)
matching retainers
comp extreme steel rockers
Pro comp alumin 320 heads
cloyes billet timing set
Lunati 698 lift cam
erson lifters
(all new crap)
ect ect ect ect
This time it should be close to 700hp and turn 7000rpm.. might not tear up for a minute lol
Forgot to mention I lowered it somewhere along the way too :D

Oh I forgot the new built T400, also it sports a PTC 10in custom setup converter, lincoln locked 3.73 rearend.

Unless you're gonna just run around in an everyday driver, the used parts road is an expensive way to go. Just ask me :(
New parts can be used for your enjoyment then sold to someone else for half the money and then build another new one for half the money ;)

Funny Hankus, I can not go anywhere in the truck without some guy coming up and saying "is that a 350?" everytime... same thing....[S
I am going to start telling people no it's a flathead 6 lol

pictures of my 100% restored concours correct black leather original unprecedented novel innovative ageless timeless stylish understated elegant reconstructed revitalized fortified perked up INTERIOR....
(courtesy of DA hippo) lol
IMG_0800_zps12cf6c8a.jpg

IMG_0799_zps80b1f068.jpg

Check the 1/8 in diamond plate trans tunnel.. scatter shield and tunnel in one [;)
IMG_0798_zps2b952777.jpg

Those are mud flap floor mats..(big truck)
easy rubber floor mat for anyone trying to find something different to isolate heat.

I like the look of that truck man, like it almost would run if ya had a week to work on it.

LOL thanks Hankus, That put a smile on my face. I had it loaded on trailer to take to drag strip one weekend and this kid stops by with his mother driving and ask if I was about to scrap it! :D cause if I was he would give me double ROFLMAO.. I love that story, had two friends over when that happened and we always get a a laugh remembering that one.
OK..
I have lost my mind somewhere along the way and I am now almost done building a full eagle rotating assembly 505 cid 4 bolt main 13.1 comp solid roller aluminum headed tunnel rammed nasty 800HP BBC..
Not very streetable..but like I said I lost my mind.
It will still be tagged and when I have a lil extra race gas in tank I will be cruizing it for sure :cool: Just no long distance crap @ $14 a gallon ya know.

right after clearancing for stroker and deburring block

in machine shop after line hone waiting on blue printing of rotating assembly.

Mahle (ma-lee)

454 bored .100 over 4.25 4340 crank (.25 over stock)= 505.5cid
I will def post it up when I get it in and running..will be a nasty nasty thing I think. Other plans include a slightly narrowed 9in ford and adj coil overs.

Your motor build just keeps getting better. Nice truck. Keep up the progress, im sure the wallet is dictating the build. [P

Your motor build just keeps getting better. Nice truck. Keep up the progress, im sure the wallet is dictating the build. [P
LOL, yeah, if I had any real money I could just snap my fingers and it would be done. Instead I am paying machine shop out and doing everything including assembly I can to save money. Still paying for blue printing degreeing P2V clearance ect ect .. It's a ballencing act of what I can do myself and what they have to do and it still be done right.
I am hoping to have it installed by this summer sometime.

Latest posts

Back