1931 Chevy Independence Coupe Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Restorex

Okay everyone, here it goes.... I'm going to start my build thread. I'll start it from the day I spotted this coupe. This build thread will be pretty slow as I've never built one of these before. Learning as I go here.
I know everyone likes pics so here is goes..........

Where I spotted the coupe two years ago ( The guy didn't want to sell it then )

I got a complete rolling chassis along with this car. So I removed the rear end and installed it under the coupe just to get it easier to roll around. The weather has been to damn cold to pull the front end out of the chassis to install under the coupe ( chassis is outside in the snow ). When it gets a little warmer outside, I will get to that.

I removed the passenger door, tore out the wood and began to weld in the tubing for a solid structure...... Almost done one door....

Last edited:
Looks like a great start to a project!
I am jealous of you guys who "find" these cars!
I never seem to come across anything decent that old in the rust belt...

Nice project, looks like you got a nice start already. I think when im done with my truck im gunna have to build me an old MOPAR from the 20s-40s, hopefully i can find a decent one. Ive always loved the look of these.

-Chris

Looks like a great start to a project!
I am jealous of you guys who "find" these cars!
I never seem to come across anything decent that old in the rust belt...

Well there are quite a few jems sitting around in farmer's fields and backyards on farms, but most of them give you the same...." My son/grandson wants to fix it up one day " stories...
I've also had my eye on a '31 Chysler 3 window that is sitting along a bush in a farmers field not too far from me. It is one of those stories as I stated above, but I've been bothering the son about it for a few months now, and hope he gives in and sells it to me. With my job, I travel a lot of country roads I and always have my eyes open for something in the fields.

Thanks everyone for the good words!! Like I said in the beginning of this thread, this will be pretty slow compared to a lot of you, as I've never got into a project this big. Mainly just body swaps, bodywork, and paint.

Take care everyone!!

Congrats on the score just take your time and think it out before you get ahead of yourself. what are your plans for drivetrain? be different and put a ford in it.

Congrats on the score just take your time and think it out before you get ahead of yourself. what are your plans for drivetrain? be different and put a ford in it.

I'm planning on being a little different. I've got a '56 331ci Hemi for it. I'm going to back it with a TH350. Not sure about rear end yet.

Latest posts

Back