1928 buick 28-20 (Two Door)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TiredIronGRB

Traditionalist
Well I finished up the Corvette so I got this to build.

28_Buick_01.jpg

28_Buick_02.jpg

28_Buick_03.jpg

28_Buick_04.jpg

28_Buick_05.jpg

WOW that is nice. I have always liked those old Buicks. Is that straight 8 any good? Are you going to keep it for something else or get rid of it?

thats in pretty good shape makes it easyer to build , i love old buicks always wanted to build one but hard to find around here

Probably will just change the drivetrain and keep the body and most of the interior original. The gauges, steering wheel and column are missing.

I will more than likely be selling the drivetrain but I might retain the suspension, it's hard to believe how beefy it is.

Very cool!

TiredIron,
I love your car, that is a rare and very cool ride and I can't wait to see what you do with it. Thanks for sharing!

ISore

I see that the Buick came from Minnesota. I think you should return it to the state it came from. You can drop it off at my place.:D
Your Buick is soooo nice it almost deserves to be restored. I can't believe I wrote that!:eek:

Probably will just change the drivetrain and keep the body and most of the interior original.

That's a beauty TiredironGRB. I did just what you plan to do on a 28 Buick a while back. Fatman's actually has an IRS front suspension kit for those. I put a late model engine, rear, and front suspension in the car and left the outside stock appearing. It was for a friend of my dad's who owned the car. It made a nice rod for him that he drove all over the country.

That's a beauty TiredironGRB. I did just what you plan to do on a 28 Buick a while back. Fatman's actually has an IRS front suspension kit for those. I put a late model engine, rear, and front suspension in the car and left the outside stock appearing. It was for a friend of my dad's who owned the car. It made a nice rod for him that he drove all over the country.

Can you send me info on the IFS and is there any pictures of the build?

I will have to look through some of my older pics to see if I have photos that I can scan. It was during the pre-digital era and up until recently, I wasn't real good about photo documentation of the projects.

The IFS came from Fatman's and included the front crossmember. It fit nicely and was easy to install in my opinion. They may not list it on their website but if you call and tell them what you are doing, they will hook you up. If I recall, the kit used a Cavalier rack rather than a Mustang II. If you give them a call, I'm sure they can set you up. For the rear, I used a GM 10 bolt out of a late 70's Camaro that the car owner provided and hung it with a triangulated four bar setup from Total Cost Involved that was listed for a 32 Ford. I just made some modifications to the brackets. I also installed a small block Chevy/TH350 in it but I fabricated the trans crossmember and engine mounts for them myself.

Like I said earlier, externally, the car was left stock except for wheels and tires. I didn't really care for the wheels that the owner chose but it wasn't my car.

Here's a link to Fatman's site.....http://www.fatmanfab.com/

Wow. Just Wow! What great condition. I was going to let you know that I have some parts, but it looks like you have everything. What a car.

I need the drivers door window trim, the interior door and window handles, steering wheel and column. PM me with what all you have to get ride of.

I have parts from a 26?, mostly sheet metal, 28 cowl, sheet metal and frame, 30 Buick everything except an engine, and small parts. Would the window cranks from the 30 be the same?

Latest posts

Back