street legal 1934 dwarf ex-race car

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skull

''SARCASM: just one of his many talents.''
;found this on craigslist 3 years ago,, car was built 1989 to 1992, it was setting in a barn after the guy could not pay the builders for construction, so since about 1992 it was sitting ignored, plus the car was never raced so it's virgin to the track, l have had this dream of doing this since l raced back in the 80's,, when the track rules changed l wanted to put my 1966 chevelle back on the street but, sadly, never did, also my friend steve in 1982 put his sprint car on the street when they changed the rules on him,, [thats the blue car with the wing]..anyhow back to dwarf rat, the car was lengthend 8 inches so l could put in the honda 1100cc motor, 10 bolt toyota truck rearend massavly shortend, chain drive adaptor to a driveshaft, 1/4 in lexan windshield and rear window, line X inside the cab by my sponser ryans auto detailing in lacey, wa and WOW did that help with the sound deading, geo raditior and E brake, custom shifter, wilwood brakes and a roadster spoon pedal for the throttle, ifs custom made, coil overs in front and adustable hiem joints, rear suspinsion is a 4 link with a pan hard bar, adjustable coilovers shocks and hiem joints, 5 gallon fuel cell, jimmys in lacey, wa did the custom exhaust for me, taken car to many show even before l had it running and it is a huge hit, l let the kids sit in this thing and they get such a kick out of it and the parents think this is great and usually take a ton of pics,,,l plan to go evry where in this and drive the h*ll outtta it:cool:

Attachments

• HPIM0727.jpg
    HPIM0727.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 150
  • HPIM0728.jpg
    HPIM0728.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 78
  • HPIM1236.jpg
    HPIM1236.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 46
  • HPIM1237.jpg
    HPIM1237.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 58
  • HPIM1238.jpg
    HPIM1238.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Yup, that's a cute & cool little bugger, loads of fun no doubt! I've seen the sprint car to street car conversion done locally, definitely different, but I would think about dumping the big top wing for aerodynamics/fuel mileage. Nothing like a big sail to slow you down and suck hp/gas.

Love that little dwarf, thanks for sharing, have fun!

street legal!

have a friend that has one also not using anymore and would like to do the same thing but wonder how you would tile and tag it in alabama or georgia, any leads would help! thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are there any shows/meets/clubs with these vintage speedway cars? They're awesome, much more attractive than their newer relatives. Seen any full sized V8 methanol ones about?

Our local speedway has vintage meets, see some really nice cars. And they get raced too :eek::eek::eek: i'd be too scared to if i had one hahaha

Are there any shows/meets/clubs with these vintage speedway cars? They're awesome, much more attractive than their newer relatives. Seen any full sized V8 methanol ones about?

Our local speedway has vintage meets, see some really nice cars. And they get raced too :eek::eek::eek: i'd be too scared to if i had one hahaha

Lotsa cool dwarfs on here...http://dwarfcarracing.com/pictures/

There are a number of vintage clubs that travel around to different tracks and race. I actually raced my Hobby Stock against some vintage non-dwarfs about 6 years ago...speedy little devils! Wish I would have had a camera along!

BFG made a DOT tire specifically for Legends that would look sweet on there! Legends and Dwarfs are similar in size.

Looks like fun!

How did you title it?

That si pretty cool! I would love to see how you did the chain drive setup for the drive shaft as well as the shifter set up. I have been wanting to do one of these myself. Could be fun!!

Arin

Latest posts

Back