1931 chevy cab with ford parts

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E$rnie Pintor III

So I had gotten another f1 truck. I started to gather some parts but came across a better project. A 31 chevy truck cab and doors. Paid 150. I thought it was a good price. The next week I went back and found the windshield frame and visor. I also found the running boards. The guy gave them to me because he said I already bought the truck so they were mine. How cool is that! He also threw in a running 4 cylinder perkins diesel with a 4 speed trans. I picked up a 39 ford truck grill for 50. Another score!
So I am gonna stick that cab on the f1 frame I have. I already zed the back . So I need to z the front. Then I can install the motor and trans. Gonna use a 51 f1 bed with a 39 ford tailgate (gotta make it a little wider. I like the v8 in the middle. Oh yea, I also found the hood and front fenders. I'm not gonna use the front fenders. I found the headlights and head light bar but some guy threw a big fit and wanted them, so I was a bigger man and gave them up. In return the seller gave me a dash out of a 36 ford truck for free. A perty good score I think.... I can't post pictures . But if someone pm their phone number I can send some pictures if they can post for me. Thanks.

Sounds like you have a nice pile of parts to start with. Have fun!

You should be able to trade those fenders for some nice looking headlights.

Click on the paperclip to add pics. It is a little goofy, but keep at it and you will figure it out. I have to relearn every time...

sorry for the delay

Ernie sent me these yesterday & I hadn't had a chance to upload them.
-Chaz

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpg
    imagejpeg_0.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 44
  • imagejpeg_2.jpg
    imagejpeg_2.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 40
  • imagejpeg_1.jpg
    imagejpeg_1.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 43
Good starting material.

You'll have to hang around with that grille for a while before it starts looking better. :D

the source of "with ford parts"

Ernie sent me some pics of his first build, which (as I understand) donated its extra parts to this build.
E$rnie Pintor III said:
Chopped 3.5 inches. Secucide doors, custom dash , tilt hood, split rear window in back. Frame zed in front and back. Back half of frame is 94 f150. Poly 318 with a 727 trans; came out a 66 dodge motor home..... It's my very first attempt at building a hot/rat rod. .

If the Chevy build turns out half as good as the Ford did, we're in for a mighty fine ride!
-Chaz

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpg
    imagejpeg_0.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 23
  • imagejpeg_1.jpg
    imagejpeg_1.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 24
  • imagejpeg_2.jpg
    imagejpeg_2.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 22
  • imagejpeg_3.jpg