57 chevy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sectioning the body and matching the body lines is a good idea. The windshield really is a problem when chopping these because of the wrap around design. I slammed one years ago but never finished it because I couldn't find anyone to cut the glass. here's an old fuzzy pic.
ZZ Trk. (Large).jpg

wow

:cool: man thats more like it how much did you take off the bottom, and did you chopit?with that w/b howd that thing run id like to see the finished truck,thanks for the idea?please let me know if i have permission to to build one close to that? thaaaaatttsss sssswwwweeeettttttt:cool:

That's the only pic I have. I didn't chop it but I did a pie cut section near the bottom. If I remember, (that was 1984) I took 6inches at the cowl and 5 at the back of the cab. The frame had a 79 Z28 Camaro frt clip, and was Zeed about 12 inches in the rear. It had a 350hp 350, muncie close ratio 4spd., and a 411 posi. It was scarey kwik. We named it ZZ TRK. That Lil' Ole Truck from Texas.
Build it if you want. I'm thinking of doing another one myself. I still have the cab in the back yard parts heap.
100_1193 (Medium).jpg

Too kool!!!

RuffTin,
Yep... that's too kool. Too bad u didn't take more pictures but glad u still have that one to share!!!

BoB

Thanks for showing an interest in this old project. I guess I shudda left it together when I had it runnin'. Hey, Tripper, this thing started life in Houston as a Street Department Truck. It had an inch of hard asphalt in the floor of the box when I got it from a friend back in 83. No serial number and no title with this one, but I got a good title with a 56 later. I dug up a few more pics from when I was mocking it up with a fleet box. I decided against that and was going with a step box instead.
ZZtrk 001.jpg

ZZtrk 002.jpg

ZZtrk.jpg

:cool::cool:rufftin thanks for the extra pics man,will be very helpfull-im going to make the fenders look as close to stock as possible,probably wont section as much concerning my chop will be severe as to match the it all together,ive never sectioned before so i think the pile of rust im starting with will help itself a little:cool::cool:

Latest posts

Back