Almost done

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neverdone

He's not done yet...
I have something kind of big going on right now so I have been trying to stay home and not do much so I decided that I was going to work on my project trike that I picked up last fall. I have been accumulating some stuff for it over the summer so I decided I was going to sit around and work on this and try to put it all on. So we all know, this is how it started......

2012-12-06_12-30-41_285.jpg

Didn't look like much, didn't run (never has stopped me before), price was right.

After some fiddle farting around had it up and going and was having a blast with it.

Since then I have been searching around and trying to do decide what direction to go with this and this is where I have ended up so far.

IMG_20130815_115526_345_zps38ef5196.jpg

So far I have put on new tires and a new rim up front blasted the old rear rims and repainted them. Got a decal set for it and been messing with that. I took off the old grab bar that had the plumbing welded to it and made my own. Removed the exhaust (see Broken Studs thread) and sand blasted it and repainted it, all now reinstalled. Made my own mud flap for the front. And been doing some general maintenance to the old girl. Next up on the list is to adjust the valve lash which has probably has never been done in its life and I have blue shock boots for the front also want to put on some more of the decals. Plan to do some other odds and ends to dress her up a bit, repaint some crap, ya know low budget stuff. Funny how no one ever says I have tons of money to work on this so stand back!!

Hoping so, but sometimes ya know life steps in the way. I could throw a plate on it and insurance then cruise down the street for a mile or two before it dumps all the tranny fluid out!!! At least then I could say that I did it.

That looks great! I have a Honda 350 4 wheeler I plan on fixing up over the winter, hope it turns out half a s nice as yours.

Hey, it can't be almost done from never done, can it? :confused:[ddd

worked on it again last night. Still ALMOST done........... much like BAMAMAV said, my projects can never be done......

IMG_20130817_205932_780_zps9d8b87ee.jpg

got the new blue shock boots on, then went for a ride and not much more progress was made.....

Oh believe me, I ride it! I was riding it last night!!! I just can't hardly stand to sit around and do nothing, and I always think there is room for improvement.....

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

look honey, l can hurt myself real good now [cl

l had several friends who wrecked there three wheeler a lot and spent more time repairing it than riding it.

just please be careful, we like having you around here :D

Later :cool:

Yeah skull they are a death trap, but man is it fun!!! I have successfully flipped it over backwards once, helmet included, only was like 3 feet down once it went over..... Nothing hurt but my pride...... I am pretty cautious with it but still have a good time!!! But in it's defense I have come closer to rolling my quad than I have that.... I know the horror stories well so I just make sure to treat it with the respect it deserves.

Latest posts

Back