Another outrageous eBay story!!! $38K lazyboy chair!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I just checked ebay and the bid on that confiscated motorized Lazy-Boy is at $38,600. People are crazy.

I checked the Minn State DWI confiscation laws which stated that confication can occurr after a third offense. He must have a few under his belt already. I doubt an attorney can help him with the confiscation if he has that many convictions.

Well, he blew a 2.9 and crashed his lazyboy into a parked car on the way home from a bar. I would bet like Bill said this isn't his first rodeo dui-wise. There was a guy down here arrested for DUI and he was driving his riding lawn mower. It sounds funny, but drinking and driving is the same if you are on a moped or a trailer truck.

Don

DUI for driving a Lazyboy. That's one of the craziest things I have ever heard! :eek:

ISore

Ok who want to go into business? Salvation Army Chair $50. put another 7-8-9 hundred buck into it......Sales price 10-grand each.......All we need are the Pookie Bros to drive these things (everyone knows how crazy they are)....Darn then we'd have to put wheelie bars on them and blowers, Oh boy the price keeps going up!

it's kinda sad to see a guy be able to build something that way and then lose it to a DWI

also sad to see the salt thrown into his wounds by a high-dollar public sale on da-bay......

Yep... I seriously doubted *anyone* was gonna pay that much for that funky chair that the guy admitted he built for a few hundred $$$. Fun to watch though!!! [cl[cl[cl [ddd

BoB

Wow!

Drop the deck off an old riding mower, build a frame for support, and build a chair out of plywood. slap some lights and an old tape deck and you're good to go. I may be the minority here, but I think this guy is a jackass and got what he deserved.

edit to clarify: Building a easy chair with an engine is pretty cool, driving it drunk and running into a parked car is something a jackass would do. Especially after already having two DUIs.

BTW did anyone read that he gave up the chair in exchange for one DUI charge?

Last edited:
I just read an article about the chair. The police are afraid they're going to lose a lot of money because ebay made em pull the ad because it's not a Lazyboy as advertized. Now the price fell from $43,000 to around $6,000. Still crazy in my mind!..I don't get it.[S........CR

Latest posts

Back