any photos or history on the general grant

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rust lover

Bleeds rust
can anyone help 6 years ago i was at indy speed shop getting parts. dave that works there told me about a guy in lynn, mass. that had a old car in his garage that he wanted to get rid of. he gave me the phone #. Icalled him and met him. told me his father gave him this house in his will he moved in it has a old broken down garage in the back. he went to clean it out and it was full to the ceiling with junk. under all that junk he found this altered.he said do you want to buy it. we settled on a price of $1500.00 took it to my brothers shop in medford, mass. on the trailer that you see in the photo. it was called general grant. big block mopar. lot of people stopped to look at it. one guy came into the shop and asked if it was for sale.I said yes he said how much told him $5000.00 he said ok and said its already on the trailer will you take it to my house.I will give you $200.00 more plus your gas I said ok. thats why I only have 1 photo of it.only had it 5 hours.anybody knoe any history on this car or photos it had to run at new england dragway or sanford or dover. theres a few hints there are newer decals on it and the front wheels are newer so it had to be somewhere. my brother found a photo he had in his photo album.

Attachments

• carcrazy_radC46A_large.jpg
    carcrazy_radC46A_large.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 44
  • carcrazy_radC4B1_large.jpg
    carcrazy_radC4B1_large.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 22
  • carcrazy_radC6E4_large.jpg
    carcrazy_radC6E4_large.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
sounds like you got yourself some project cash? i don't know anything about it but really cool. i could tell you about the general grant tree....:D

Latest posts

Back