Awesome step by step transmission and rear end rebuild dvd

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First off I am by no way shape or form affiliated with this company or trying to make sales for them.

http://www.badshoeproductions.com

With that said I think this site is an awesome learning tool for individuals that want to learn how to rebuild transmission or rear ends themselves. He is very clear and concise with his delivery of the information and goes slow enough that anyone with a mechanical mindset can follow along. With my limited knowledge of a transmission, I was about to go to a shop and have them rebuild my C6 for $900 bucks. After watching this video I feel I can do it myself for the price of a rebuild kit(around $150 in my case) and a few other minor expenses. The dvd costs $30 bucks. I will also buy a paper manual. I think I am going to do a bit more research and then tear into the transmission. I will post pictures of the progress.

I know there are a ton of you guys on here that are seasoned vets with a plethora of knowledge that could probably rebuild this stuff in your sleep. For me I am just staring to get into it and found this very informative and just wanted to pass it on.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info KL. The man that used to build my Chevy transmissions had a shop in his basement and would let the car owner do the dis-assembly and inspection. If you take your time and have a way to mount the trans on a swivel off of the ground you can do it.

Thanks guys! Like you said take your time. It can't be too cosmic.

Does anyone have an opinion or experience for which rebuild kit to buy? I am just looking to drive around town and gas on it here and there so I dont need a race kit.

Also going to change torque converter. Any inputs on that?

Thanks!! TGIF

Auto trannys are mystical till you open one
Post lots of pics for us cause, by now you know we, well most of us, can't read

I agree, I thought they were mystical until I watched the video. Dang they are actually not that bad. I could see that with organization and going slow, just about anyone could do it. I will become picture post happy once I get to work on it again!!!

Latest posts

Back