Back from Turkey Run

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

Made it back ok from Turkey Run in Daytona. My Son's T ate a valve on the way up and he had to rent a trailer and take it home, then join me up there later on. I think no real damage was done from the initial looksee, but we are going to tear it down tonight to find out for sure.

Got to meet Gastrick and Jim Robinson, a member from the other forum we frequent. Gotta say that Gastrick is as nice of a guy in person as he comes across on here........maybe moreso. His deuce is amazing with all the neat details he has done so well on it. Hotroddaddy just left a few minutes before I got there so I missed seeing him, but hope to see him, Gastrick, and anyone else that goes to Billetproof in March.

Here is a picture of the three Amigos. From left to right, Bill (Gastrick), Jim Robinson, and me. The whitish model A coupe is Jims, also a very nice ride.

Don

Attachments

• daytona turkey run 2007 016.jpg
    daytona turkey run 2007 016.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 82
It sure was great to finaly meet you and your sons in person Don. I felt like I already knew you. I had a great time standing around and talking and the T looks even better in person than it does in pictures.

Same here Bill. You and I were both in a little fog from being so tired, and I am sorry I didn't get to meet your Son, Brother, and Dad. After a while my mind just shuts down when I get tired. Those pix you posted are terrific.......I knew you would have a bunch.

I spoke to the machine shop that prepped Dons heads. He says two things can cause a valve to freeze up in the guide, lack of lubrication and if the valve gets bent from hitting the piston. That is what happened I'm sure because of the too long pushrods we had in there initially. The valve probably was slightly kissed and kept getting tighter and tighter as he ran it until it finally galled up all the way. Pulling that head tonight and taking it to the machine shop tomorrow for a new guide and valve.

Don

Don

Gastrick,
Please tell me you blinked...If not, kinda looks like you were :eek: "Comfortably Numb":eek:

LOL

Couldn't help it...Just had to be said...

Glad you guys are back and everything went well.

Yeah, we actually had to retake these a few times because one or another of us would blink or open our mouths to say something. This one is better. :D:D

Don

Attachments

• daytona turkey run 2007 017.jpg
    daytona turkey run 2007 017.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 49

Latest posts

Back