Blower pulley help

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim...Ok

I need some advise from any of you that have ran roots type superchargers on small block chevys..this is my first.. I have the 3" wide drive pulleys and am trying to get it sorted out to run a single accessory drive for my water pump and alternator..I have switched my long water pump out for a short pump and scrounged up a stock pulley for a short pump..I will change this for an aluminum pulley at some point, just trying to mock up at the moment..As you can see from my picture, I'm not even close..I'm just wondering if I need some kind of spacer to space the blower pulleys out ,looks like they need to go about 1.25 to 1.50 inches to make it work..any opinions??

2012121395213328.jpg

Are you running a balancer or a crank hub? Pictures a little dark. Setup may vary a little, but you'll need a single v-belt pulley that goes on to the crank before the blower pulley. Should be about 3/4" wide which will push your blower pulley out. It'll most likely line up with the inner v-belt pulley you have on the pump

I am not 100% but I think you have a long water pump pulley. I ran a 6-71 on a small block, with a double v belt pulley. Seems the v pulley almost touches the water pump housing. Looks like yours sets out a ways.

Blower stuff

I have had several blower engines...all thru BDS Blowers. Great people, good advice. As the other poster mentioned, make sure your drive hub on the crank is correct, I have always used a double key on the crank hub.i t does take a little mixing and matching. At least with the SBC everything is cheaper than other brands.

Latest posts

Back