Carb Identification

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pistolpete

Need a hand identifying the carb on my engine. It doesnt appear to me to be a Zenith or a Tillotson. The float bowl is pretty square compaired to the Zenith and Tillotson. I need to clean out my gas tank as there is some rust and such in there, figure the carb will need to be rebuilt as well, and was looking to order a rebuild kit.

For interest too, I am not sure what the distributor cap is off of either, if any A guys have a clue what they could be.

Thanks,

P5200027.jpg

P5200028.jpg

So looks like finding a rebuild/seal kit for this thing is pretty much outta the question. Maybe I'll have to think about pulling the car apart sooner then I intended...

Not sure but it says "the float and seat from a 8N will work".I know they are still available, and with some gasket material or piece of cereal box make you a new gasket should be able to save it.

It was the gasket more that I was thinking of... it is leaking pretty bad. I will have to see what I can come up with. Will have to see if I can scrounge up some 8N parts. Thanks for the help.

Gasket

Thin gasket material and a really small ball-ping hammer and you can make one yourself. It takes alittle practice but is simple to do.:cool:

Thin gasket material and a really small ball-ping hammer and you can make one yourself. It takes alittle practice but is simple to do.:cool:

Yeah, I more of a BFH mechanic at times. The brother in law was over on the weekend, and gave me a run through on using gasket material. Seems simple enough.

Ive heard of useing a hammer trick but I usually just smear a thin coat of grease on the part and transfer to the gasket, works well on the details expecially on the inside back of a cereal box.LOL

Latest posts

Back