Chevy 250 Stock 4bbl Intake

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old28

I was just wondering if chevy make a stock 4bbl intake for the 194/230/250
motor? I have a 66 250 engine.[S

I know I can get a offy 4bbl and other alum intakes, but I am looking for a cast
iron stock unit to modify for an old school look.

Sorry never heard of a factory intake like that in cast iron. Maybe you can fab up one from a couple of old intakes. Offy makes a good one, its still kinda old school.

Ratcrazy - maybe I am using the wrong terminology. I am talking about the same cast intake as came on the motor, it was a big 1bbl intake and I am looking for a 4 bbl intake to fit a 66 250. I want to run my Vintage Air 2x2 adapter with 2 94 carbs. Thanks for the reply.

dmw56- Will the Pontiac 4bbl fit the 66 250? Were they the same motor.

If it will fit does anyone have one for sale?

Thanks, Tom

dmw56- Well I guess I will have to find a good used Offy 4bbl intake that will fit a 194/230/250 head so I can run my 2x2 adapter with two 94's.
Thanks Tom

2007_0508CameraNew0011-1.jpg

Not hard to build one from scratch like this one I built for a 250 6cyl.

bob w- I have seen this in one of your build threads. That is a real nice unit. I have followed your builds and my fab skills are in another world come paired to the stuff you turn out. I had thought about this type setup with all three 94's I have on top, but I was going to leave that until I build the 292.

I have the 94's and a vintage Air 2x2 adapter for a 4bbl intake that I was going to use on my 29 RPU and thought use what I have. If I got to purchase used Offy intake I may just go your way now.

Could you knock one out for me in your spare time! :D No that would take the fun away, "I think".

Good/Trustworthy 94 Carb Rebuilder?

Does anyone out there know where I can send my two 94 carbs to have them rebuilt and modified with longer throttle shafts for a 2x2 progressive linkage.
I want one setup with the idle circuit & choke and the other as a dumper only.

I know Vintage Speed does this work, but I don't really want to deal with them.

Looking for a shop that does what they say they will in a reasonable time!

Any places to contact?

The Holley guys have a division that rebuilds vintage carbs. There was a write up in either Rod & Custom, or Street Rodder about a year ago. You can Google the subject and see if it will come up.

www.allcarbs.com is another that rebuilds. I've bought parts from them and have been quite happy with the service etc. you can check them out, they have a tech email for questions and comments as well.

I bought the extra long shafts and linkage from Eelco for mine, again the service was good, no problems.

Holley 94 carb rebuilds?

Sniper- Thanks for the reply. I did read that article when they did the 1bbl carbs. I will see if I can find that issue.

I will check out allcarbs.com and see what they can do.

My concern is that the carbs may need bushings to go along with the new long shaft and I do not know how to make the second carb a dumper with no idle circuit. Never did much with carbs so I am in a gray zone. [S

Thanks, Tom

Holley 94 carb rebuilds?

dmw56- Have you dealt with them? Will the do modifications like I need?

Would really like to find a place that does it right the first time.

Thanks, Tom

Holley 94 carb rebuilds?

dmw56- I emailed Eric with what I was looking for and he has already replied with the information, prices and time line, all that on a Sunday[cl

I will be sending the carbs in as soon as I return from trip back east.

This is why I love RRR and the people on this site, good information and great response to what we need to move forward on a project. Thanks to you all.

Latest posts

Back