Chevy engine numbers

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52 fordman

I got these numbers off the front of the engine by the water pump.

130210084 10713HN

I was told it was a 68 327. But after doing some work i dont know. The truck is a 66 C10 Chevy 1/2 ton 2wd. I put a set of headers on and ended up cutting the frame/ motor mounts. The plugs are real close to the tubes and the starter is about 1/4 inch from one of the tubes. I put an edlebrock manifold and that was fine as i knew it would be.

Headers are flowtech not the most expensive set but i am on a cheap budget.

Any one have any ideas or thoughts? Any one know the numbers and what motor it really is?

52 fordman

That is weird.......my Mortec list jumps from 125 series to 140 series. Not sure what you have there. A 68 327 should have a number like 3914660.

Don

Those are the ID codes, which appear to be wrong or incomplete. Are you sure they're right? The letters HN indicate '65 '68 or '69 327 as well as '69 350.

The casting # will help.

Numbers

Well i guess i will be looking on the block for casting numbers. So saturday i will get the numbers and see what they are.

Thanks everyone

52 fordman

casting numbers

Okay i did the best i could to get the numbers off the back of the block and this is what i came up with.

its either 3914660 or 8914660

So any help me out from these?

52 fordman

numbers

Thanks. okay how do know what hp from factory? And i know it has miles on it but a new intake 650 carb and headers have to add 10 or 15 hp maybe. And what can i do about the headers so close to the starter? bend the tubes cut otu and weld in a curve ( pain in the but ) ...

Thanks everyone

52 fordman

Since your casting # proves it's a '68 327... the HN suffix (from the first set of numbers you posted) comes up... 250hp/4 barrel carb/Powerglide trans/passenger car.

Latest posts

Back