Did I pick the right cam ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dr. C was nice enough to contact a guy he knows who has experience with these things and he basically said it wasn't his first choice. But the kit arrived today and I am going to slip it in and see how it performs. I am a few years away from getting the 46 running, so I have time to change if I hate it.

Coincidentally, I found an old Car Craft article where they actually used this same cam, as well as the two below it, and they liked this one the best.

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/camshafts/

I am not opposed to running too radical of a cam, I have an X303 cam in my 331 stroker and I drive it like a regular car all the time. Of course, I am running 4.30 gears and a stick shift and a lighter car, and that might make the difference too.

Don

CompCams has a series called the Thumper. It has mild to moderate specs but has the idle of a much bigger cam. I was thinking about one for my 429 but, they didn't make one at the time. The one I got is way too much cam for the Ghia but, I like the rough, not lopey, idle. I've got enough engine to handle it, just not enough rest of the car.;)

Latest posts

Back