Did something stupid yesterday.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sniper

Canadian Rust Bucket
It's one was one of those deals, as soon as it happened, I knew I shouldn't have done that. I'd been really busy busting my butt trying to get my daily truck back together before the bad weather sets in. We've had a string of about 5 days where it's been in the low 60's and dry, and I've been doing everything I can to take advantage of it. The problem is, alot of the little critters have been coming out as well, must think it's spring. In my rushing around and what not, I grabbed the can of Pepsi off the top of my toolbox and took a big belt and made about one step farther. That's when I got stung by a bee that had been the the can. He made it about 6 or 7 inches down my craw before he stung, just about where your collar bone would be, only on the inside. Haven't been stung in years, but when I have, I would swell up quite a bit. Hot!! Man I thought my throat was on fire. Hacked and heaved and coughed but the little bugger wouldn't come out. With my eyes all teared up and my face beet red, I grabbed my keys and beat a hasty retreat for the hospital. Breathing did get restricted some, but not to a critical level. Emerg took me right in and got an IV and a shot of antihistamine. Staff and doctor hovered around me for the next four hours monitoring me. The big concern is a delayed repeat of the swelling. They left in the IV Heplock just incase I have to make a fast return to the emerg, that way there's already a line in place. I'm supposed to get it out tomorrow. They have me on antihistamine pills and some other stuff for 48 hours. Other than a real raw throat at the moment, I should be back to normal by tomorrow. They say "Red Bull gives you wings" Hah!! Try swallowing a live bee! Not that I would recommend it.:rolleyes:

DUDE! THAT WOULD HAFTA BE A PAIN IN THE NECK! (no pun intended)

my bro.-in-law did that once, but it got him on the lip or tongue i believe...

hope all turns out ok...

Holy h***!!!!! What a terrible thing to happen! I have heard of this happening , sometimes with fatal results.............you are lucky (and smart) to have gone to the hospital. There are so many things in life that can hurt us that we never think about. So glad you are ok.

They are now selling these little plastic toppers that look like a cut off soda bottle. They snap onto a standard aluminum soda or beer can and you can get them at Ace Hardware. If you put one of those on your can the critters can't get in until you unscrew the cap, and it keeps your drink from going flat so fast. Just a suggestion.

Don

I generally give the can a little swish or take a quick peek inside, but this time just grabbed it up on the way by and took a swallow. Got to stop showing off, one days it going to kill me!! I've heard of the lids Don, guess I better go find some.

Man! that`s bad.:eek: good thing you are o.k. I think we all have moments of "lapse of sanity" but thats how we get wiser (our kids dont believe that ) maybe you should get one of those topper thinga ma gigs

Glad your OK. That is not something to mess around with,specially if your alone at home.Hope your throat feels better soon.

Wow! I do feel bad for you. I hate sore throats and don't care much for stings either. I can't believe it got so far down!

And I'm with E-man, never check my cans. Drank a few black ants before, but never got a stinger.

Glad your OK.

got stung while I was cleaning up outback early this year, wanted to have the galfreind pull out the stinger as soon as possible. so I came inside with my old ripped up jeans, an told her. she gladly said where were you stung? I said outback, then, showed her my outback, which is where I got stung. very glad you are doing O.K.

Glad everything is ok with you. I have had that a couple time "knock on wood" I havent been stung, felt it and spit it out before I got stung... Can't eve imagine how a sting would feel down that far... Hopefully everything is still good with you today.

A guy died at my Dad's company picnic years ago from exactly the same situation. Yellow jacket in his Budweiser, stung him in his throat and he suffocated long before the ambulance got there. I'd say you dodged a bullet there!

Thanks for all the well wishes and comments. I had the IV heplock removed this afternoon. Guess the people that looked after me really know what they are doing, I'm feeling pretty good right now. I can still feel a bit of a knot in my throat when I swallow, but the pain and burning is gone. Just aggravating enough to get me coughing now and then. As goofy as it sounds, the most soothing thing I used was some of those "Ice Chocolate" candies. Like a milk chocolate wrapped in foil, worked wonders. Looks like all the excitment is over and I'll have a full recovery in spite of the things I do to myself. And Don, I have some of those lids coming, found some on Ebay. Thanks again.:)

Latest posts

Back