Dixie Dragfest (near Memphis , Tn) 6/5/2010

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flipper_1938

He recycles the right way
Copied from another site. Posting it here in case y'all hadn't heard about it.

On june 5th we will be having the dixie dragfest and hot rod pallooza @ byhalia Raceway in Byhalia,Ms (about 20 minutes southeast of memphis) This will be our 2nd nostalgia show at this track.We had our first one last year called the hot rod turkey drags the week before thanksgiving.We had a great time and had a great turnout,So we decided to also do a summer show. It will be an all day show 9 to 9.It is a pre 72' show. All cars entered in the show will get to make as many passes as they desire down the track. We will have slingshot dragsters,alltereds,gassers,superstockers & tons of hot rods.Also will have a swap meet & homemade hot rod trophys. At 5pm that afternoon we will have a hot rod bracket race for ALL entered cars for only a $10.00 entry fee. Show & drag regestration is $30.00 and includes an event decal. Event t-shirts will also be for sale.We will have some restored top fuel cars on display and cackling! The stephens venables dragster WILL BE THERE! This event is alot of fun it is an 1/8 mile track that looks like 1975.It is alot like a minature version of the track in Bowling Green,ky. Its not an event you want to miss! If you would like more info just call Rick @ possumkillergarage @ 901-461-6923
We will have a flyer up on our website Possumkillergarage.com this weekend!

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

Yep, I was there.

IMG_0308.jpg

1/8 mile: 8.74 @72 mph ...couldn't leave at anything above idle without blowing away the tires
IMG_0307.jpg

Great pic Flipper. It's lots of fun to have a car show/drag race combo. That's a good showing for your truck.

Great pic Flipper. It's lots of fun to have a car show/drag race combo. That's a good showing for your truck.

I had fun.

First pass I lined up against the bagged 49 chevy truck. We both spun...BAD! and stayed in it :) I ran a 12 something and smoked the tires the full 1/8th :)

Dad made a few passes too. It was the first time he had ever run one on a track. First pass he was in low when he thought he was in drive. 55.88 mph trap speed in first gear :( He also tossed the fan belt in the process. Lucky we had a spare in the truck (never found the one that got tossed).

IMG_0303.jpg

Great coverage Flipper, thanks. I really like that green 35 Ford that is drilled full of lightening holes. Looks like you had better bring some drag slicks next time.:)

man that loooked like alot of FUN!!!!!!:D[cl:D

i didn't see this thread til today:( (but prob wouldn't have been able to make it anyway)---maybe next year--
pretty quick time there flipper for a no-traction run...truck looked good --as usual:cool:

pretty quick time there flipper for a no-traction run...

This is after I de-tuned the truck in search of fuel economy. I went to a considerably smaller cam, carb, and fuel pump.

I found an online et converter that said the 8.74 in an eighth would be a 13.60 in the quarter. If that is the case, it was probably at least a mid-12 second truck before. ...probably high 11's if I ditched the 20's and ran slicks on 15 inch wheels.

I like getting it out on the highway too much for that set-up though. ...and I like the look of the big wheels.

Latest posts

Back