Educate me on blowers

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hankthebigdog

OK, I have decided I want a small block chevy with a blower for a rat project bobber truck type ride. I am going to sit a 37 chevy truck cab on a zeed frame after I stretch the nose of the cab out about 1 foot[fat guys need leg room] I was thinking of a weiand 144 or 177 with a single carb. The thing will be pretty light weight and i want to use it as a daily driver some, but I want to have fun with the "kids" on the street also. Funds are limited and i was just wondering if anyone has had one of these small powerchargers and got enough out of it to compensate the money spent.
Don't tell me what i want to hear. Tell me if it is worth the difference to "go big or go home" with the 671, twin carb, twice the money.......and probably not be to "streety" or to go with a smaller one and enjoy the looks and the extra 100 hp. Thanks in advance fellows.

Sorry i only know big

They can be very street able, but there is nothing cheap about them. [S
This one being a Ford it was a little more $

Attachments

• Blown 351 crop.jpg
    Blown 351 crop.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 18
I got nothing for you brother but sounds like a fun idea.
And thanks for the S/N plate. I like original a lot better than the
repop I had on it.

back in the late 80's I helped a friend put a B&M 144 on a SBC in his Camaro, using the smallest upper pulley they made it put out around 12-14 lbs of boost starting at 2500rpm.

once we got the Holley 780 dialed in it was a blast to drive. it made this crazy whoooooop noise when you stood on it, and it felt like you were driving a stout BBC. with 4.11 gears and a th700r4 it would spin the tires in 1st gear as long as you stayed in the gas, and it got 25-27 MPG on the freeway driving 80mph.

I got the chance to drive it a few times and you couldn't wipe the smile off my face with a shotgun, it was too much fun to not stand on it every chance I got. IF it were mine I would have a thousand tickets by now.

I got nothing for you brother but sounds like a fun idea.
And thanks for the S/N plate. I like original a lot better than the
repop I had on it.

Hey buddy, it needed to be "home" after the resurrection. Glad you can use it with a big smile. [dr[dr[dr

I am leaning toward a 177 and just "play" . but.......who knows, I might go "big" just for kicks and giggles

Latest posts

Back