elec fan question simple

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geneo4116

[S okay have elec fan runs all the time would like to hook up toggle switch,hav traced wires back to a relay that has 3 wires runnung to it,so heres the question,most toggles have 2 connections,but have seen some with 3 i know stupid question but how do i hook it up and which toggle do i use,car is a 27 coupe,thanks.

Really need to know more info on the relay. Bosch, or Hella, or ? Only provisions for three wires, not five? No schematic or legend printed on it showing the operation of it? Generally, two connections on a toggle (single pole, single throw) will be a simple on/off. Three connections on a toggle (single pole, double throw) can be a lot of things, you can get On-Off-On. Off-On-Momentary On.(Can be used like a key switch to start an engine, among other operations.) Momentary On-Off-Momentary On, (Momentary functions are usually spring loaded back to the center position.) Lots of combinations available. :)

well i see one wire going to the wiring harness,and the other two goine to the fan,i think i got it figured out now.

heres is some info that might help!

Attachments

• fans wiring 3.gif
    fans wiring 3.gif
    27.5 KB · Views: 31
  • fan wiring.jpg
    fan wiring.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 29
  • fan wiring2.jpg
    fan wiring2.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Fan_relay.jpg