Feeling Stress?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a great quote from Dennis Prager.

Its too bad he is currently using his influence to push an agenda that differs from his earlier years views.
The hope is that he corrects his current ways and returns to his roots.

Denis Prager' quote is very good..

ill chuck in my 10cents worth..

Many years ago i used to read a locally printed mag called "Engineering News"

one small section was dedicated to books usually business relevant. one occasion they reviewed a book called "The Present"

pretty basic story about about a young man who lived near a retiree who during his life has garnered, the beautiful home, family wealth and all the trappings . the younger man befriended his neighbor, asking how he managed to "have it all" the wise old mans answer was "the present"

the young man hit the big time and slowly headed toward the same life as his elderly nieghbour, but still couldnt find the joy his neighbor possessed ..

eventually this anchor took his career life , wife .. left with nothing he again asked his old neighbor, what was "the present?..

feeling sorry for his younger friend, the older sent him to his cabin to mull over his life..
after a few days of sulking sobbing and constant depression, the younger man caught himself staring at the brick fire place surround musing over how beautifully it was built, no mortar was used yet as solid ...

suddenly he got it ... The Present was indeed a mindset, - right this exact moment ..

after that . his life again changed for the so so much better.. yes i read that book and would recommend as i found there was so much it fitted with my wild world..

or as my best man once said " " Al- there is only one 'em - thats F*** -em !

do with that what you will

love this site over and out

"Gratitude"

"Thankyou Lord, for letting me be here another day!" This is my most frequent prayer. I'll also offer prayers for my friends in need. I don't often pray for things for myself but give thanks for things I have. To be honest, I don't consider myself a very religious man. I belong to a church but rarely attend. I do believe!
I've been cynical and suspicious most of my life, but I feel that makes me a better "trouble shooter". Lots of that in my career and life moments. In fact, that's how I survive. Every effort I've made was headed for a solution to a problem or a project and I'm happy when my lame brained ideas came to fruition.

Glad to be here! All of you guys have taught me something, either a new tool I didn't know about or some kind of trick to make a job easier or just some wild idea that worked....Thanks!

I have been taking the advice in this thread. Limiting news and not worrying about things I have no control over has been a huge help. Had a great Halloween night with friends, neighbors, and family. Helping my Son work on the house that he and his fiancé just bought. These two things really broke that rut I too was in. Thank you so much. Keep the ideas coming. Jim

"Gratitude"

"Thankyou Lord, for letting me be here another day!" This is my most frequent prayer. I'll also offer prayers for my friends in need. I don't often pray for things for myself but give thanks for things I have. To be honest, I don't consider myself a very religious man. I belong to a church but rarely attend. I do believe!
I've been cynical and suspicious most of my life, but I feel that makes me a better "trouble shooter". Lots of that in my career and life moments. In fact, that's how I survive. Every effort I've made was headed for a solution to a problem or a project and I'm happy when my lame brained ideas came to fruition.

Glad to be here! All of you guys have taught me something, either a new tool I didn't know about or some kind of trick to make a job easier or just some wild idea that worked....Thanks!

I start my evening head on pillow prayer with Lord, thank you for today...
Good stuff

Latest posts

Back