Ford 0 Matic pan & filler tube!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
I'm having the tranny rebuilt on my '57 Ranchero. It has a FMX/FordOMatic behind a 390 & it appears the tranny pan was leaking B4 I bought it & someone brazed & JB Weld'd it up. I'd love to get a new pan & tube... any ideas where I could get one. It's not the square version that are plentiful but an odd shaped version!

BoB

FMX

Aren't those, the weird 2 piece Ford automatics? I used one of those many years ago, and hated that thing. Is yours doing ok? Mine may have just been a lemon.

it's one of the borg/warner trans, ford and amc used them alot. you might try a amc site for one are they will know where to find one. i'm a member of a amc site but it is in my fav. on my computer at the house, seems like it american motors forum, i know they where used in the amx, the old bw trans that i had was the t-35 but i don't know if the pan wood work for you.

Aren't those, the weird 2 piece Ford automatics? I used one of those many years ago, and hated that thing. Is yours doing ok? Mine may have just been a lemon.

they are not that strong thats why they got away from them.

You got a picture. I can check to see if I have one.

Here's a picture of the pan. Part # on the tranny is... C1AP-7006B. I was told by the tranny shop it was made in 1960.

BoB

Attachments

• pan1.jpg
    pan1.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 11
That pan looks like an MX pan. I don't have any of them right now. All I have are the FMX pans. The C1 in the number should make it a 1961 or later

The MX trans main casing is longer then the FMX and may take a different rebuild kit then the FMX.

Attachments

• ford trans pans.gif
    ford trans pans.gif
    80.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Here how that number breaks down.

C1AP-7006B

C = Decade: B- 1950-59, C- 1960 - 69, D- 1970-79

1= Year of Decade: 0-1960, 1-1961, 2- 1962

A = Ford: A- Ford Full size, D - Falcon, G - Comet, Montego, Cyclone,
J- Marine& Industrial, K- Edsel, M - Mercury, O - Fairlane, Torino,
S - Thunderbird, T - Truck, V - Lincoln, W - Cougar, Z - Mustang.

P = Auto Transmission

7006 = Basic part number

B = Engineering change: A - Original, B - First change, C- Second change.

it's one of the borg/warner trans, ford and amc used them alot. you might try a amc site for one are they will know where to find one. i'm a member of a amc site but it is in my fav. on my computer at the house, seems like it american motors forum, i know they where used in the amx, the old bw trans that i had was the t-35 but i don't know if the pan wood work for you.

Yes Borg warner did make them They also make them for International, Hudson and a few other companies.

But the parts for the rambler trans will not work on the Ford . Tried to go that root with my 58 Rambler. The main casing have a different bell and trans pattern. The rambler has the pan that is wider then longer and the ford pan is longer then wider.

Tripper this may also help you. The MX trans has a longer casing then the FMX and I think it take a different rebuild kit.

Latest posts

Back