Fuel pump pressure.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lakota

Rides a rusted horse
I'm running two Edlebrock carbs on a high rise tunnel ram manifold. I've got a 7-9 PSI electric fuel pump mounted on the frame. Is this going to be enough pressure to feed both carbs? Also, does anyone make progressive linkage for dual carbs?...I've seen it for triples. Or should I just run it like it is with dual carbs?

Yes that's enough pressure as long as the gph of the pump is up to it. Two fours should be run with straight linkage in my opinion but I'll see if I can find some 2X4 progressive linkage Lakota.

Edelbrock makes a progressive 2X4 linkage, Summitt has it. Theres a simple one on ebay that appears to be not much more than a rod with an adjustable stop.

Pictures are coming...soon as I remember what I did with my camera. I'm already set up for straight linkage, maybe I should leave it that way. The GPH is a little more than a standard mechanical fuel pump. I think it'll be ok. I just don't put too much trust in the words of the guy at the Auto Zone.

Trip....SHHHHHH....It's a secret. Been hidden in a garage since I started. The pics will tell it all. The pics are coming...soon as I find my camera. The Old Lady said to me..."If you bring in one more junker, you're outta here!!!" I still haven't completely unpacked at my new place.

Latest posts

Back