Harbor Frieght Bead Roller

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neverdone

He's not done yet...
So I am looking for a bead roller, don't want to spend much on it. I was in Harbor frieght the other day and saw they have one for $185 that has an 18" throat and seven sets of dies with it. Also they have a 25% off coupon for any one item on Thanksgiving day, of course I grabbed one. So I was thinking for $150 out the door that wouldn't be a real bad deal to give it a shot.

Before I go blow the cash on this thing, has anyone ever used one? Are they worth it? I I know it isn't something I would use everyday, but thought it would be something neat to play with.

Any Thoughts?

It will work, but you will probably have to strengthen up frame. They have a tendency to flex over time. Usually a piece of 1/2 inch plate around the outside fixes them pretty well.

so does it work pretty well besides havening to strengthen the frame? Have either of you seen the Louver dies on eBay? Have you ever thought about trying them out? I read some where else that they need to be reinforced.

Really like the stand you built bob. Saw a couple others like that also. I thnk if I get one I am going to build a stand like that to put it on also, but I also have a small english wheel (HF also, clearance for $15!!) that I want to mount on the stand as well.

I have never used one before. I just thought it would be a neat toy to play with, if you know what I mean. Concept seams pretty simple so..... figure I can handle it alright

louver dies on a bead roller are tricky no matter what roller you have. i have a baileigh industrial bead roller and i still havent been able to roll out a nice set of louvers yet........

i got the very same 1 last year to use on a couple patch panels and i liked it enough that i'm plannin on doin my own bedsides with reinforcing beads and accent beads that follow the tire diameter. the patch panel thing was only about 2 ft of total bead length so i'm glad i read about the reinforcing thing before i went all 1/4 mile o' bead crazy :eek:

Latest posts

Back