Having trouble posting pics???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoddingRon

A man in his natural habitat....a Studebaker
Hey guys....I'm new here, but saw that some of you have trouble posting pics to the threads. Some because of file size (picture size), and some just becuase your not that familiar with computers. I'm no expert by any stretch, but I found the easiest way for me to post pics is from a free photo hosting site. I use photbucket, but there are a lot of free sites out there that do the same thing.

What I do is up load the photo from my computer to their site. From there you can resize them if needed for this or other boards...I think they even have an option under resize that states for message boards...they do, I just checked...lol

Anyway once the pic is uploaded, and resized if needed, all you have to do is click on the image code box. It then copies the code information and then you use the paste function to put that code into the thread. It shows up initially as some goofy looking garbage something like this...

img39.jpg

Now I changed part of the above so that it would show what you'll see in you thread as your writing....but if you paste it excatly like it copies you end up with something like this when you actually post your thread...

img39.jpg

I hope this helps some of you with posting pics, and I'm sure there are some other members out there who have easier ways or know of a better way, so feel free to help spread the knowledge.

Oh yeah... the truck above was one I built a few years ago and that pic was from it's intial outing at the Americruise ending in Bloomsburg, PA. here is what it looked like after I worked outthe bugs and painted it

Apache3.jpg

Ok, I'm one of the ones having trouble getting big pictures on here, let me try your method...............

Don

What did I do wrong? They are still showing up small until you click on it.

Attachments

• tafterfirstlongdrive005.jpg
    tafterfirstlongdrive005.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 14
Not sure Don...are you using a photo hosting site? If so are you clicking on the image code box or another link box?
It also might be the site your using to host the photos. My experience is only with photobucket, so that's the only one I can answer for
Ron

I have photobucket too. I am unclear what you mean about the image code box. Where is this, on the Photobucket site or on here?

You are dealing with someone here who thinks a computer is somewhere to park your coffee cup. :eek::eek:

Don

If you go to the photbucket site and look at the pictures, there are four options under each pic...Email and IM...Direct link...HTML Code...and image code. All I'm doing is clicking on the image code box there, then coming over here and (I use Ctrl V) paste the code into the thread and this is what I get

apache6.jpg

Try This

In photobucket you need to right click on your photo and see what size the pic is. This first pic is my Model A and Corvette it's avitar size and the second pic is the skulls airbrushed in the flames of the A it's 160X120 See the difference. Hey, I'm still trying to figure all this out too. HB

2Beauties.jpg

Skullsandflames-1.jpg

On photobucket to the upper right of the browse lines it says options and you can get avatars to full pages. Click the bottom
or img line under the picture then come to the board and right click.Then click paste and the code will appear on your reply.
Don't have to mess with the image thing at the top of the reply page at all.:)

I have also been trying to figure this out as I have to really destroy my pics just to get them to upload here.I have never been able to upload a pic as 1000x1000 or 800x800. All I can download to this site is 600x600.

I have also been trying to figure this out as I have to really destroy my pics just to get them to upload here.I have never been able to upload a pic as 1000x1000 or 800x800. All I can download to this site is 600x600.

35Mastr...one of the nice things about the photobucket, or other hosting sites, is that you don't have to resize (or destroy as you say) the pictures to get them on here. You do the resizing on their site and you still retain the original size on your computer or disc, where ever you have them saved. As far as the sizing for this board....I'm not sure (so maybe one of the admins can correct me if I'm wrong), but I believe that 600 x 600 may be the maximum size this board supports, or at least may show "full frame" on the board.

Latest posts

Back