How a freak accident ate a piston on my new motor!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Tripper - what's the rest of the story? Is it history?

Nope... I didn't drive it but about 50' after it bombed & the crank was fine & I'm having new Clevite bearings installed, sleeved the bad cylinder but am waiting on a piston from GM... seems they're like hen's teeth! Hopefully back together next week! Thanks for asking!!!

BoB

Seems our GM parts dealer is not really on the ball! 1st they sent the piston for a diesel motor & for some reason can't deliver the rings to go along. I'm startin' to get a lil irritated!!! :mad::mad::mad:

BoB

Got the bullet back today & hoping to get my car back by Christmas. Been missin' me some HP & can't wait to get back behind the wheel!!! There's way tooooo many new 'Stangs, new Challengers & new Cameros that need dustin'!!! :D:D:D

BoB

BIG RED came home today!!!

Well... after a long absence... my Chevelle came back home today! It really felt good to drive it again!!! Probably gonna have to go for a loooooooong cruise tomorrow!!! [cl[cl[cl

BoB

WHAT?!?!?

Well... when it rains... it pours! After all the time & $$$ spent gettin' my Chevelle back on the road after lunchin' the motor... the tranny goes south! Will be gittin' it back tomorrow or Thurs! Been reduced to drivin' my panel gasser with no heater. I look forward to big HP, heater & smoother ride! Yipppeee!!!

BoB

Well... when it rains... it pours! After all the time & $$$ spent gettin' my Chevelle back on the road after lunchin' the motor... the tranny goes south! Will be gittin' it back tomorrow or Thurs! Been reduced to drivin' my panel gasser with no heater. I look forward to big HP, heater & smoother ride! Yipppeee!!!

BoB

Eh, prolly was time for a rebuild anyways - ya gotta make sure all that HP is gittin to the ground!

As for the no heat situation - just crack the window open an inch - keeps the windshield from foggin up. ;) Heck it can't be THAT cold - you live in TEXAS!

Eh, prolly was time for a rebuild anyways - ya gotta make sure all that HP is gittin to the ground!

As for the no heat situation - just crack the window open an inch - keeps the windshield from foggin up. ;) Heck it can't be THAT cold - you live in TEXAS!

Yeah... it prob was about time to upgrade :mad: & believe it or not it's gonna freeze here at nite most of the week! Global warming! :D

Man, and you drive it so gently all the time too, can't imagine you burned it up!!

You are SO right... now if I can just figure out why my back tires keep wearin' out so fast!?!? [S

BoB

Sorry to hear you're cruizin got cut down! But, now you have a new drive train...:D..Watch out for those Vettes and Stangs!!!....CR

Latest posts

Back