hunnert car pileup 2010

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogpatch1

it has been announced yeah! cant wait will have the afx comet out for this one for sure! if you have'nt made it out to one go you will be forever hooked! hotels going fast booked ours friday so dont wait too long. new local and brought the swapmeet back! dp1

The new location of the Hunnert Car Pileup for 2010 is Progress City in Decatur, IL!

We’re excited about the new location. It will be a lot like Morris, but a lot bigger and better. It’s not as visually interesting as some of the other sites, but it can handle the crowds, and is big enough that cars won’t be parked on top of each other (so no more complaints about not being able to see cars or get pictures of them!), we’ll have room for more vendors, and will have room for on site cruising. And you won’t have to drive any where near Chicago traffic to get there!

The police, sherriff, site staff and city council are eager to have us there and are working with us to make the entire weekend go smoothly. They are even providing dedicated staff just to handle spectator parking, guaranteeing smooth sailing.

Decatur is about 120 miles/ 2.5 hours south of Morris… so it might even be warmer!

We’ve arranged to have the pre/post show parties at a very cool 1800s era opera house called Snapper's in Clinton, IL (15 minutes away doing the speed limit). We're working out an arrangement with the town to block off the ENTIRE downtown square for hot rod parking ONLY! There will be great, cheap food, and great bands. The vibe is very much like the Red Cent in Morris, plus they have pool tables. The whole town is into it.

We’ll keep you posted on the bar, hotels, and other details as we work them out.

We are working out a band line up now. Trust us, it's going to be good!

More good news: We killed the swap meet last year because it was too big of a hassle and we didn't have the people power to run it. This year, we asked the Bombers Car Club (Peoria, IL) to take over the swap meet and bring it back! They will be handling it 100%.

We hope to see you in October!
The Chrome Czars & Catherine

My first HCP was '09 and rocked! Worth every bit of the 16 hour round trip![cl

Lookin' forward to the new digs & the pre-party. Hopefully there will be camping on-site for easy access to the show.(I'll be draggin my room behind the hotrod.):D Check out the pics. in the RRR show pics. thread
http://www.ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11190

Don't forget, y'all are invited to our clubs show www.SteeltownShakedown.com in September.

It's our 100th Anniversary!!!:D
OK I'm stretchin it about 94 years:p But you'll dig it!

Latest posts

Back