Idalia who???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smallfoot

He's rockin' the "Nuttin Special"!
Florida boys check in when you can! The eye is due west of me right now, but out in the Gulf. We haven't had any rain yet. It's a little breezy this afternoon. If it keeps heading north, most of the areas will get some reprieve. Depends on where it tries to cross and then the damage begins. I expected more, but not unhappy about that...

I'm near to Deland. About 15 minutes after I posted last I got about 13 minutes of hard rain and some wind but not much. By what I was looking at on the radar the northern half of the outer bands were already north of here but quite a ways west of me and I only got the outer edge. I'm presently trying to find a radar map of it. I lost internet for a while but no power outage. I'm on satellite link for internet and with the storm between me and the satellite it was expected.
Just got one map to load and it still looks like the eye is level with Tampa so there's more coming my way. Bad thing about it being out in the gulf is that I'm on the dangerous side with wilder winds as those things churn counter clockwise. As long as it stays out in the gulf we're good here. Pray for those that are in the path. The weather fools have so many suspected paths on the map that it looks like a plate of spaghetti. It's a large storm as far as the area it's affecting. They keep projecting it to cross onto land in the "big bend" area, meaning that area where our coastline makes a turn west and forms a bend at the panhandle. We'll know where it went after it's gone is the only thing we can be sure of. On the other hand, there's a storm on our east side out in the Atlantic. I believe it's north of us and kinda heading for the Carolinas. I don't expect much from that one. Lucky so far.

Still here. During the night I had a 5 gal bucket under one of my eves and it's only half full this am. Still breezy and overcast. I'll take a tour down the driveway soon to see if any trees fell, but I doubt it. I've got a standing dead pine in the yard that didn't even lose many limbs.

Stay safe man!! Some crazy weather!!! Glad we don't have that nonsense here!!!

Wish we'd get some rain here in Central Tejas! Haven't had any real rain for nearly 2 mths & it's like a tinder box here! Couple 100 acre fires that they jumped on immediately & put them out pronto! Mrs Tripper & I moved away from the coast after Ike hit the Gulf Coast & 4 years later... Harvey tore Houston to shreds!

BoB

Can't speak for those people facing floods north of me but I was hoping for some rain. It's been drier here than normal and we usually get replenished in the lakes and ponds from these storms. I agree with getting away from coastlines. I've been here all my life and love it, but I wouldn't live on the coast. Hurricanes are prevalent, it's understood. Living on the coast gives storms an advantage of high end damage 2 different ways. You don't have anything for cover on one side and the first place to flood will be on the water. I didn't even get a full 5 gallon bucket of water placed under the roof eve..sheesh!

Latest posts

Back