Is Pinks All Out gone ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

Since we have been discussing car shows, I just realized Pinks All Out hasn't been on the tube with new shows for a while. Is it gone or just between seasons?

As much as we all gritted our teeth over Rich, the show did have a lot of good things going for it. We got to see some grass roots racers with some very fast cars , and the drama was kept to a fairly low level, compared to some of the stuff out there.

I thought the show was better when the two Brothers were on it, along with Ken from Texas Chassis Works. I never cared for Willie B or Crag Milliken (sp) on the later episodes. Willie just grates on me for some reason, but that is just me. I see Willie is now the second host on Two Guys Garage, wonder how long that will last?

Passtime isn't a bad show, and Rich is the Producer of that one. I hope PAO comes back.

Don

Wow Don, we are on the same page on so many things lately. I was just thinking about that show a few days ago as well. And, I cannot stand Willie B. I find him more annoying than Rich.
Pass time is my favorite show. Ken is the man :)

Wow Don, we are on the same page on so many things lately. I was just thinking about that show a few days ago as well. And, I cannot stand Willie B. I find him more annoying than Rich.
Pass time is my favorite show. Ken is the man :)

Do you like chocolate and long walks on the beach too, like me ! :eek::D

Don

Pinks all out was phased out eatly last year or possibly at the end of 2010. Pass time was the replacement.

I'm staying way from the long walks thing, because....sorry Don, your to old for me. :D

Hey, while we're on the subject of TV car shows, I was think today about a couple I always enjoyed. The first I don't remember the name of but it had Boyd Coddington on it. I especially got a kick out of Roy, the old guy that worked with sheet metal, and then when they hired that black dude to work with him and how it drove Roy nuts and later they became good friends. That was cool and Roy was an artist for sure. The other was Overhauling. I like the stolen car premise and how they messed with the owner of the car while they built it. Last, I was never a big fan of Pimp My Ride but long story short, I ended up being the owner of a car that was built on the show. Jessica's Pacer, season 4 episode 1.

Attachments

• Copy of House pics 089.jpg
    Copy of House pics 089.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Copy of House pics 088.jpg
    Copy of House pics 088.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 17
Haha, I remember that Pacer build, how did you end up with it. We actually watch Pimp My Ride, even though most of the cars have some REALLY strange stuff they build into them (Blenders, dog feeders, pool tables, etc) :eek: What is funny is that they will put $30 K worth of electronics on a car and never touch the motor to make it run better than the POS it started out as.

You gotta tell us the story on that Pacer. That show you were talking about was American Hot Rod, and Roy died during the run of the show. I felt bad about that, he was a cool old guy and knew his stuff.

Don

Overhaulin' and many other car related shows are on a tv channel called "velocity" I don't want to pay anymore $$$ for tv so I don't know if it is available everywhere.

I watched it all the time, even had a couple friends make it to the final 6 and 8.
One made it to the final 2 and the tranny went out.

Do you like chocolate and long walks on the beach too, like me ! :eek::D

Don

Well, since you ask . . . . ;)

The Pimp My Ride show - I love when they showed some of the cars from previous shows that were trashed. Some of the owners had bashed them all up. I thought that was rather funny.

i have gotten to the point that i don't watch any of the car shows anymore, even nhra, i think i have watched 2 races.

Well, since you ask . . . . ;)

The Pimp My Ride show - I love when they showed some of the cars from previous shows that were trashed. Some of the owners had bashed them all up. I thought that was rather funny.

One guy wrecked the car PMR did the very next day after getting it back ! Some people you just can't help !

Don

Haha, I remember that Pacer build, how did you end up with it. We actually watch Pimp My Ride, even though most of the cars have some REALLY strange stuff they build into them (Blenders, dog feeders, pool tables, etc) :eek: What is funny is that they will put $30 K worth of electronics on a car and never touch the motor to make it run better than the POS it started out as.

You gotta tell us the story on that Pacer. That show you were talking about was American Hot Rod, and Roy died during the run of the show. I felt bad about that, he was a cool old guy and knew his stuff.

Don
Here's a link to a 10 minute video on Roy Schmidt. It's really worth watching.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY9x8j056Qc

How I acquired the Pacer is kind of a long story. Years ago
(1980) I was a used car mechanic in a big Import Dealership. I did a safety inspection and recharged the A/C on a V8 Pacer. The test drive I took in that car left an impression on me. About 4 years ago I started looking for a Pacer just as a fun project. One day I spotted Jessica's Pacer on EBay. My Buddy Dale dared me to bid on it and I ended up winning it. If you saw the show you might remember it had a juicer built into the back and a ground affects front bumper. Those are long gone but it does still have 4 TV's, a killer stereo and shag carpet. The retractable cloth sunroof is cool too. You are correct about the way they build and pay no attention to the drive train. I have zero respect for west coats customs but hey, they're making TV shows not building cars. The good news is, it has about 65000 miles on it so it's pretty tight. Of course the 258 leaks from nearly every seal but, it runs decent. Or as well as AMC ever intended with a one barrel carb. Over the years I've obtained a knack for finding cars that are kinda funky but have unseen potential. I think this is one of those and we have some cool plans to finish this car and make it very cool for minimal $$. I bet we make at least 100 bucks on it. lol

That video about Roy was excellent, sad but excellent. :( He was a really great fabricator from the old school.

Interesting story about how you got the Pacer. I thought they vacuumed all the dead rats out of it but I guess they missed a few.

Don

Latest posts

Back