Is this for real

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOT40ROD

Found this in a local craigslist add. The part that make ask this question is the Non matching motor.

67 Chevelle SSS396 survivor car; original body, paint and interior
Date: 2009-11-21, 9:41PM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Anyway, in short, car sat in garage on blocks for 41 years (since 1968) not seeing the light of day, has a freshly rebuilt non #’s matching engine, car needs to be refreshed and a little other odds and ends; does not need to be completely restored frame off, doesn’t need paint although it does have a few chips here and there, or interior work The only body work needed is the white pin stripe that goes at the lower portion of the car; 1st owner took it off, bumpers need a little attention, a good wash, wax, and detailing. Only flaw is a small ding in the hood aside from a few small chips.

Yes, it’s a real original 138 body w/ #’s matching trans & rear end. Body, paint, and interior are all original to the car in great shape. The engine is a fresh rebuilt 65 396/350 long block w/ 66 oval port heads (have parts on the way to make it a running engine, but not #’s correct type stuff), has a M21 4spd and 4:10 posi rear (both original). It is an original 10 footer survivor car (not just saying this as it gets thrown around a lot; it literally is and very presentable once finished and running. Look at the photos; no rust on the body, no tears in the interior. The car still sports its 1st and only NJ state inspection (punched out at 1967 and ended in 1970) and registration card (Ended Dec 31, 1968). From the one photo, you could see the mileage; its not 100% confirmed to be original as I am uncertain if the speedo or odometer cable is functioning correctly (car never ran in the 2nd owner’s possession who is family to me nor in mine, so it’s a mystery. I will explain if you just ask for reply/more info); it did not pass 100K or get turned back illegally. The cable IS connected to the transmission currently and has not been disconnected to my knowledge. If it does function when running, it has to be the lowest mile Chevelle I have seen.

I have an offer of $22,000 for the car as it is w/ engine not completely put together aside being a long block w/ 4bbl intake & harmonic balancer; offers start off of that and not taking any less, but I choose to give others a chance as you don’t come by a car like this often and has the potential to be sold for more when finished if done correctly or kept as an investment as the prices of these cars just keep rising.

Want more in depth info? Just email and I’ll send you a word document explaining. If it is something you’d consider for the price, shoot me your name & phone number. Only write if you are serious, please. No tire kickers or to just shoot the breeze; I want to sell the car plain and simple. Not taking any trades, not separating the engine from the car; package deal. Thanks.

Hopefully, i won't have to post this again.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

image 1476928341-0 image 1476928341-1
image 1476928341-2 image 1476928341-3
PostingID: 1476928341

* Copyright © 2009 craigslist, inc.
* terms of use
* privacy policy

Here the pictures

Attachments

• 396.jpg
    396.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 396a.jpg
    396a.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 396b.jpg
    396b.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 28
It's possible. BUT, 42 miles on the OD, replaced motor, and the removed pinstipe? Sounds odd. Seeing it in person would tell you for sure if it's factory original work or rebuild work. If your seriously interested, go look.

possibilities abound as to the true story behind that particular car....[P

could be as true as stated-with the reasons behind it being something like it was stolen and "blown up" when was fairly new..or stolen&motor pulled and the rest of car hid-being around salvage cars and insurance claims most of my life leads me into that line of thinking

now i don't know and really no one does but the guy who done this though speculation IS fun for me (i have been accused of having an overactive imagination!)

anyway....cool car![dr

Latest posts

Back