Kindda new to the sight

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boltbreaker

beddonephotoshop001.jpg

I have posted a few times and thought I would intro. I am from the Chicagoland area. Mid 30's, married, with a son. I am building a 39 Ford truck. First build. I was into motorcycles for years and finally jumped into rods. After a 110 mph get off and eight surgeries I figured it was time to get on four wheels.
I had someone else do the chop, and the frame put the rest is my doing. I have a ways to go but I hope to start her up and drive it next spring. She has a 351 Windsor/FMX trans/9" rear end from a donor Galaxie. Ran and drove well when I took it out. It has a 35 grill. Suicide front end set up. Bed is scratch buit by me but far from done. It will have a powdercoated frame/ suspension and wheels. The body wont get painted. It will have have pie cut www out back and narrow www up front. Hope to make some zoomie headers eventually.
I will start a build thread soon . Glad to have found RRR.:D
Brian

Welcome to RRR, 39fordbooger. Better late than never on the intro. Nice truck.

I'm pretty sure that I never did one. I can't find record of it.

I've been wondering who you are. And who is this Tripper guy that keeps posting stuff on here? :rolleyes::D:D

Welcome to the forum Brian. We've chatted before. Love the truck, it looks pretty complete from the picture.

Don

Thanks guys. I like it over here. Pretty laid back. I haven't gotten any black eyes yet here either.:D
I figured I would show you my truck and do a brief intro since I feel like I am always asking questions and not sharing my project.:p
Thanks again for the kind words,
Brian

I got back into the garage again yesterday working on the 39. I was on a break because my mother in law had the big C and was in bad shape for the past month. She past last Saturday. My family stuff took presidence over the truck. It has been a reality check on how short life really is seeing someone battle that disease.
My point of this is it dawned on me last night how working in the garage on hot rods is kindda theraputic. You kind of loose track of lifes aggravations and problems for a while. Its pretty cool!

So I decided to change my profile/user name yesterday. I have more than one project going that are not 39 Fords so I dropped 39fordbooger.
Wanted to speak up so no one thinks I was going under two names or doing anything shady.:D
I got the nickname Boltbreaker because I had this problem ,when I was younger racing motorcycles, of over tightening bolts and snapping the heads off. I have since learned to use a torque wrench:rolleyes:
Brian

So I decided to change my profile/user name yesterday. I have more than one project going that are not 39 Fords so I dropped 39fordbooger.
Wanted to speak up so no one thinks I was going under two names or doing anything shady.:D
I got the nickname Boltbreaker because I had this problem ,when I was younger racing motorcycles, of over tightening bolts and snapping the heads off. I have since learned to use a torque wrench:rolleyes:
Brian

Boltbreaker it is then. :D

Sorry, I only give out one "welcome" per intro. And since I have already done such on this thread, you are out of luck for a second one.

However the new name is several times better than the old name, so you earned extra "welcome" credits towards your next welcome, whenever that may be.

Hay bolthead....welcome to the comics of tin.......:D
You gotta get back up on the 2 wheels once you finish that pile your building.
Just need to learn to keep it at a reasonable cruise instead of trying to be lightning. I have been through 2 back surgeries, knee fixens, shoulder bolts and facial reconstruction. I still ride the wind, only slower then before.:rolleyes:

Maximo

Latest posts

Back