LURGHING pic your brain

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riffraff

have a lurch when running at slow speed and at top end when i let off and not in a pull when im on it it runs good it like its in the timing but i dont no have moved timing all over have made it better but can get it out im useing a carter p4070 ele fuel pump 4 to 6 psi 72 gal per min. ragulator not required it said have a ele igniton hade the module checked its ok new cap new rotor button idles good moved the vacuum line to intake for the vacuum advance its not adjustable didnt change anything have not looked at the plugs yet dont back fire dont flood running a Q-JET just cleaned it out with new gaskets lined up marks on timing chain when it was put in any help info

Are you sure it's in the motor? 'Lurch' just makes me think of when my differential started tearing itself apart. It would feel like a random backfire (through the carb style) when at a steady speed and then occasionally when I let off suddenly. PO had put different gears in but hadn't adjusted them right.

tryed that

i took the vacuum off and sucked it and it pulled in ok let off it went out it looks new checked all the plugs they look good looked them over no cracks i did make the`wires on one end thats the` only thing i can thing of have`i forgot something ?

The vacuum advance line to the distributor should go to a place on the carb that does not have vacuum all the time or at idle - put your finger on the ports at idle - the one that isn't sucking is correct - when you rev it up, it should draw, if it doesn't the port is blocked. Running the vacuum advance off the manifold will have the distributor advanced all the time.
Did you replace the accelerator pump when you put the new gaskets in ? Very common on Q-Jets that it is bad, you'll get a major stumble when you step on it.

who would have THUNK IT

after all the BS i went through all it was the carb was running to lean backed the 2 jets out 1/2 turn then 1/4 running good thanks for all the help

Attachments

• 120px-Metal_hand.png
    120px-Metal_hand.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 0
That's pretty unusual......

after all the BS i went through all it was the carb was running to lean backed the 2 jets out 1/2 turn then 1/4 running good thanks for all the help

Normally the idle circuit wouldn't be in the picture after about 1/4 throttle... or at cruise speeds....even closing the throttle at high speed would still pull fuel through the primary circuit or it would stall trying to run off the idle circuit alone..... I guess if it fixed it....it's all good.... but just sounds strange for a Qjet

Latest posts

Back