motorcycle coil over springs?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotrod preacher

"Official RRR Chaplain"
i put this question in my build thread, but no one answered it yet...

has anyone ever used coil overs from the rear of a motorcycle (big cruiser-type bike) on the rear of a bobbed pick up?

my rear suspension will probably be ladder bars, and coil overs with a panhard to locate the axle side-to-side...

the mock up of the frame it will be going on...

Attachments

• rusty ratrod wheels 006.jpg
    rusty ratrod wheels 006.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 29
I did, they were too stiff!! But ther must have been something wrong with them, I couldn't use them for anything! I bought them new several years ago
from USA Twins, put them ont the back of a stretched Sportster, too stiff, tried them on the back of a Super Glide, too stiff. So they sat for years, when I built the bobber truck in my pic! Tried them on the back, thinking surely they wouldn't be enough! WRONG, too stiff, so I moved them forward, giving leverage against them, still too stiff!
Like I said, I believe there was something wrong with them! Right now I have the shocks on the rear of my truck, and theys till seem stiff!!

Honestly I would try it again, but would make sure they were in good order before I did! Let us know if you try it!!

thanks rainman, i actually suspect them to be too soft, but was thinking if they worked it should ride decent...lol

i am gonna try it more than likely... but it may be a while before i get to that point on this build...[;)

I thought they would be too soft too!! If you get the ones for the old dresser's they may work! The rear of my truck doesn't have much weight,
right now I have springs, (cut) from a honda civic, and they seem a little heavy!!

Latest posts

Back