my 1959 thames street machine

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rust lover

Bleeds rust
Found this car at a cruise night 6 years ago. it was in primer the owner said he had to sell it because he moved into to a trailer park. and he could not keep it there. i paid $4500.00 for it.we painted it and flamed it. put on the snokle scoupe. and new wheels. it was just a fun car went to all the cruise nights my grandaughter loved to sit in the back so i added a third bucket in the rear for her with a seat belt. notice the photos of her with the car. after a year a state trooper friend of mine said a family member of his wanted a hot rod. he always wanted one so I sold him the car. sold it for $11, 000.00 he came on a sat. to get the car. he had to drive to boston with the car. on the southeast expressway. he was in the middle lane starting to exit to the right to the off ramp. a semi truck was changing lanes to the left.he ran right over the thames. almost killed him and the car was junk. he owned the car less than a hour. later the only thing he could save was the motor trans wheels. junked the rest. car had 302 ford motor mustang rear end was a nice car.

Attachments

• NB.jpg
    NB.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 24
  • carcrazy_radC5E2_large.jpg
    carcrazy_radC5E2_large.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 20
  • carcrazy_radC5E0_large.jpg
    carcrazy_radC5E0_large.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 23
  • carcrazy_radC5DF_large.jpg
    carcrazy_radC5DF_large.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 28
Wow! You score big on that car. Thank God the trooper came out ok. Cars can be replaced. That car reminds me of a Hillman a friend of mine use to have. It was called the "Hellion". Straight axle, skyhigh, 9" rear with a 460 Ford stroked to a 510. He was a mechanic in a 1 man garage. One night, a fire broke out and burned the garage to the ground.

found 2 more

found a few more shots of it.

Attachments

• carcrazy_rad36D5_large.jpg
    carcrazy_rad36D5_large.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 19
  • carcrazy_rad35EF_large.jpg
    carcrazy_rad35EF_large.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 24

Latest posts

Back